• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

ecu to a GDE flashed one

colin

Oct 20, 2018
Truck Year
can dealerships know if you switched your ecu to a GDE flashed one when you have service done

carlhenry

Nov 21, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
welcome u should change your ecu back 2 stock so the don't flash it they can't b trusted

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
can dealerships know if you switched your ecu to a GDE flashed one when you have service done

If you have a spare stock ECM I would recommend using that during Service, as the dealer a lot times will take it upon themselves to flash in an "update".

colin

Oct 20, 2018
Truck Year
no problems. but when they get parts for egr cooler repair i have to take to dealership. i wasecu flashed in june and gde tune in july

colin

Oct 20, 2018
Truck Year
egr cooler is nation wide recall. for warranty i have to take to dealership when parts are in or i could loose warranty. That is why i wonder if they can see i have a gde tune that could affect my warrnty also

carlhenry

Nov 21, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
if u do a full delete the dealer is not needed there is no bad sensors no egr to go bad clean oil no soot running through the engine and no time wasted hanging around the dealers showroom

M.A.

Nov 29, 2019
Truck Year
If you use a tuned ecm and sweep the original one to go to the dealer I bet they will now about. The truck module will tell them different engine hours/miles that are missing from the OM one. This is what I think, my own opinion. I’m driving a 18 wheeler , swept in a tuned ECM and have someone to add hours In to the OM one, engine still under warranty....will see when need to check with dealer if any warranty repairs will be denied.
So I see no differences with tuned ECM and OM ECM when u have to take it in for repairs under warranty.
If I’m wrong just bring a explanation about it.

carlhenry

Nov 21, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
u must have a bad tune on your ecu mine is like night and day or both ecu r tuned

rick wilson

Dec 6, 2019
Truck Year
egr cooler is nation wide recall. for warranty i have to take to dealership when parts are in or i could loose warranty. That is why i wonder if they can see i have a gde tune that could affect my warranty also
If your egr has been tuned by GDE and it gets reprogrammed they GDE can not fix it again. As they have been shut down on the ecodiesel by the EPA.I was told this by GDE this am.This is my understanding and not a official statement by them.