• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

EGR Cooler leaking

Will_CathVT

Jul 9, 2019
Truck Year
My 2016 needed an EGR cooler replacement just short of 50000, dealer had parts on hand, repairs completed overnight (prior to recall). The dealer replaced a few corroded fuels lines they noted at the same time. Everything is covered under warranty, either the lawsuit warranty or the no mileage drivetrain warranty I purchased with the truck. A knowledgable service department helps. When I drive I keep my engine stats up on my DIC and immediately noticed when something wasn't right. I accept zero excuses from my service department and hold them to the the warranties I have.

Azkillian

Dec 8, 2019
Truck Year
Oh man what a load of crap this is, I just bought a ecodiesel and looks like im in a shit storm. glad I bought the extended warranty. can anyone recommend a good place in phoenix to help with my $40k mistake? Thanks

Stan517

Jul 27, 2019
Truck Year
Gonna need tires now. Any input on a good set? I drive about 800/week mostly highway but some off-road during hunting season.
KWC
Grabber A/TX - Size: LT275/60R20
Ordered this from Tire Rack, $900 for a set. They look aggressive but quiet on the highway and in town. Had them sent directly to a Hibdon's Tire near me. $113 to install with lifetime tire rotation and warranty. Great tire. Is yours a 20" or 17" tire?

Roots081

Nov 26, 2019
Truck Year
I just bought a 2016 Ram 1500 Longhorn 3 weeks ago. This past weekend I smelled burning from the engine bay then check engine light came on. Pulled over, turned truck off and smoked started pouring from the engine bay. Dealer says the EGR valve stuck open causing excessive heat melting the valve and intake. Cost is $5300 and I would need to pay because Chrysler says they don't know if the valve will be part of the recall. Luckily I bought it from Carmax so they are taking care of the entire bill plus rental car. Reading all of your posts I'm going to be royally upset if I'm in a loaner for several months. I bought a Sofa King Tune but haven't been able to install it because of this new problem.

Darrenwilmer

Jan 4, 2020
Truck Year
We just had our leaking EGR cooler replaced under warranty. Only 22000 miles on the engine. I hope this is the only problem we have. I really love this truck.
That is far from the problems you r going to have as soon as you roll 60000 km basic warranty your dpf filter is going to fail and it wont give any warning

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Roots081, install that Tune ASAP, any updates would be nice?

Roots081

Nov 26, 2019
Truck Year
Roots081, install that Tune ASAP, any updates would be nice?
I sold the truck back to CarMax. Didn't want to deal with it again. I've also had a lot of issues with other trucks recently so I was just fed up with rentals.