• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

EGR Cooler Recall

boosti

Feb 17, 2020
Truck Year
I am the original owner of a 2015 Big Horn Ecodiesel. It currently has 93,000 miles and sitting at the Dealership since December 20th 2019.
I originally was on a hunting trip in Mid November when my friend smelled a strong odor of coolant. I called to schedule an appointment with a loaner. The next date was December 6th. On that date, the loaner was unavailable so I was able to speak to a manager that an incompetent employee inconvenienced me by not having a loaner as previously scheduled. I was given a new date with a loaner vehicle being a Jeep on December 20th. I was called a week later by a service advisor that a part was located and on it’s way. A month later the service manager called that I must return the loaner as the 30 day agreement expired. I advised him that a week after dropping of my truck, that I was called regarding a part was coming but haven’t heard a thing about my vehicle being repaired. The service manager said to bring back the loaner so I can get you in another loaner. This time they gave me a 2019 Ram Big Horn Hemi.
I received another call the first week of February that the new part has arrived and I was next. Last Wednesday I received a call from the Service Manager that the EGR cooler finally arrived and the vehicle will be ready by Friday.
I guess the technician is busy. I know the Class Action Lawsuit has a provision if a vehicle sits more than 30 days from a part under the AEM, it qualifies for a buyback. I still haven’t submitted my refund for $3,075 as part of the Class Action Settlement.
I haven’t had much luck with my Ecodiesel, it’s had two blown turbos, two starters, electrical issues with the radio USB and interior lights. Is it time to move on to a new Truck?

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
Welcome! If you personally are asking the question, it's likely to late and you won't be happy if you keep it.. especially when something else happens (even if it's minor). Some folks have really good luck, and others aren't so lucky!