• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

EGR recall

Holymoly

Oct 25, 2019
Truck Year
Tell them you want to start a claim.
Don't wait for them to volunteer one.
If you were eligible for the flash and had it done, you should contact the Lawyers working the epa case.They are posted on the site someplace. They are there to assist you.
My lag started at 13k miles and It was recorded so I filed a lemon law. The lemon law hearing was Tuesday and Wednesday I was informed I won. I now have 21k miles.
FCA didn't even show up for the hearing.

65Stang3

Dec 25, 2019
Truck Year
I experience the lag too. What does it mean that you won the lawsuit?
Mine shows the truck still needs the latest flash to the ECU and the EGR recall. Should I? Regarding the EGR, they said no parts are available, and to call back in 2 weeks. (not good!)

Holymoly

Oct 25, 2019
Truck Year
I filed lemon law claim because it was within the scope of my state laws.
24 months or 24000 miles whichever is latter. If the vehicle has not been repaired within 4 attempts it qualifies for a buy back from FCA. They will buy it back for what I paid plus sales taxes, finance charges, licenses etc. minus mileage based apon how many miles was on the ed when I first made a complaint which was 13000mi and now it has 21000mi.
It all depends on your situation.
not many people have 21k on a 16ed.

MXZ0588

Mar 24, 2020
Truck Year
Hello
I'm new to the forum. I have a 2016 Outdoorsman Ecodiesel with 153000 km. It has been at the dealer for over 3 weeks now waiting on the EGR Cooler recall repair. The dealer has given me a loaner vehicle, however it's not a truck and I use my truck. I'm generally a patient person, however that is wearing thin. I'm getting conflicting reports of what the hold up is. Chrysler Canada is telling me the the parts are on back order and are not released for the 2016's. My dealer is telling me it is the same parts as the 2014 & 2015 and are available but FCA won't pay because the "recall" hasn't been released. As it was explained to me, they told the dealer they could fix my truck but Chrysler wouldn't cover it if it was done before the recall was released.

Reading the previous posts (and I apologize I have not read them all) I can see I'm not alone here. Has anyone had any success in getting in touch anyone at Chrysler that can actually do anything? All I've been able to get to so far is the customer service line and I don't like to give them a hard time as they have no power. They can only relay what the bosses tell them. Does anyone have any suggestions on what a next step should be?

Thank you to everyone for your input.
I just went through the same ordeal. FCA does not have to give you anything as they first tried with me when the dealer pressure tested my cooling system and told me it needed an EGR. they do not have to give you a "like" vehicle, or any vehicle for that matter. I fought for over a week until FCA finally caved. I first had a tiny Jeep for a week. Then a loaner pickup finally came back from rental at the dealers own rental facility. If that's all they will give you, your only option is to rent a truck on your own and fight with FCA when it's repaired for reimbursement (I had no interest in trying to win that battle). This was confirmed as well from a well known Lemon Law Attorney I contacted in my state. The good news for you is (depending on your particular states laws) you can sue them for breach of warranty if your truck has sat at the dealer for 30 days or more waiting for repair. The buy back is long gone with the amount of miles you have as is mine with 37k on a 2017. I have talked to every rep, supervisor, case manager, case manager supervisor at FCA. The verdict for me was an EGR was ordered for my truck, but they have no clue if its a "New Old" EGR or the new designed one. Have to wait until it shows up at the dealer. FCA claims if your vehicle is taken out of service for a faulty EGR, they can try and get the new parts regardless of year, but take that with a grain of salt. They constantly lie to get you off the phone. Advice from the Lemon Law Attorney was to get your truck to the dealer and let it sit ASAP and hope they have it for at least 30 days or more. A breach of warranty lawsuit will net you 10 - 20% of the vehicles purchase price with no cost to you. let us know how you make out.... I'm just waiting on day 30.... Best bet I think is to trade this piece of garbage in and go back to a 3/4 Cummins that I never had an anounce of trouble with.

Last edited:

TruckChick

May 29, 2020
Truck Year
So the 18s have a recall that "might happen"? What is the story on that? I think it says pending for EGR, but it doesn't say that it has actually been recalled. I'd have to look at the wording but now I'm really concerned when usually recalls are NBD.

boosti

Feb 17, 2020
Truck Year
In the U.S the AEM only covers 2014-2016 models. It offers an extended warranty in addition to having FCA buyback if you have to wait over 30 days.

Stewart

Sep 4, 2019
Truck Year
I just talked to my dealer and they still do not have the new design EGR coolers available. At least mine is not leaking yet.

MXZ0588

Mar 24, 2020
Truck Year
Just picked up my truck (17') today. Recall satisfied with newly designed EGR (So I have been told).

Stewart

Sep 4, 2019
Truck Year
My truck is a 2015 so apparently they are not actually dealing with the 14-15 models before moving on to newer years.

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year
They did my 2016 on May 5. I'm happy to report it seems to be performing and shifting as advertised. I've been driving it stock to see if there are any problems like what have been reported. So far none. I will be putting my SFT ECU & TCU tunes back in play as soon as I get the AEM updated tune.