• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

EGR recall

Holymoly

Oct 25, 2019
Truck Year
FCA called me and said they want to scedule an appointment to replace the egr cooler on my ecodiesel.
I asked them if it was a new updated egr cooler.
The rep told me it was a new egr cooler.
I mentioned to him, the dealer said mine isn't leaking, why are you replacing it as I have less than 24000 mile on it?
He said it was new. I said that doesn't mean it's an updated cooler!
It just means it's new.
The rep said they can get them for certain people only.
I think their full of it myself!
Don't believe them, I think!

Castaxe

Mar 23, 2020
Truck Year
So if I bring my truck in, and they deem it undrivable and it sits there waiting to be fixed for more than 30 days, FCA will buy it back?

Holymoly

Oct 25, 2019
Truck Year
Yes! but it may be bluebook price.

I'm in a Lemon Law Claim on my 2016. I dont have the AEM flash! FCA says the AEM flash will fix my problem! It wont! FCA doesn't want to help you and don't think they are your friend. They are not trained to help you, only to help FCA.

Contact the law firm posted here on this site for details if you have had the AEM only. They are very helpful and will contact you quickly if not right away.

I've had mine in the shop 3+ times for the lagging, mpg loss. The intake is full of carbon/ash/suet. They sayit is normal for like and kind vehicles.
Which means all Ram Ecodiesels have huge amounts of carbon buildup in the intake system, slowly destroying the engine, causing lag, loss if mpg, not epa friendly as advertised and then there is the recall of course.
They don't want a buyback but may not get another choice. I have offered to except a swap and or a trade assist since they cant fix the carbon and the lie the vehicle isn't as advertised when I purchased it and will get an attorney soon.
Good Luck

boosti

Feb 17, 2020
Truck Year
Yes! but it may be bluebook price.

I'm in a Lemon Law Claim on my 2016. I dont have the AEM flash! FCA says the AEM flash will fix my problem! It wont! FCA doesn't want to help you and don't think they are your friend. They are not trained to help you, only to help FCA.

Contact the law firm posted here on this site for details if you have had the AEM only. They are very helpful and will contact you quickly if not right away.

I've had mine in the shop 3+ times for the lagging, mpg loss. The intake is full of carbon/ash/suet. They sayit is normal for like and kind vehicles.
Which means all Ram Ecodiesels have huge amounts of carbon buildup in the intake system, slowly destroying the engine, causing lag, loss if mpg, not epa friendly as advertised and then there is the recall of course.
They don't want a buyback but may not get another choice. I have offered to except a swap and or a trade assist since they cant fix the carbon and the lie the vehicle isn't as advertised when I purchased it and will get an attorney soon.
Good Luck
I had the AEM software update and experienced the poor performance everyone is complaining about. I did not submit for the $3,075 class action lawsuit yet. I did have my vehicle sit for two months waiting for a new EGR cooler. The AEM software update is part of the class action lawsuit. If the vehicle sits for over 30 days or brought back for the same issue three times, the buyback is an option. The class action lawsuit attorneys probably can assist in that matter if anyone else is experiencing this issue.

MXZ0588

Mar 24, 2020
Truck Year
I am going through the same right now. FCA doesn't want to do anything for you as others have said. I called FCA this week and they told me still no parts available and to request a rental from my dealer until parts are available. Local dealer puts it back on FCA to take care of that as they cant authorize rentals over 5 days. I asked the dealer what they are doing, and currently they are putting "new" defective EGR coolers on eco's using coolant if they can get one. Which I am not interested in doing (fix it right the first time).

Can someone post the link to the thread with the law firm info for the class action suit? I will jump on the bandwagon.

rikyboby

Mar 17, 2020
Truck Year
Figured I would give a status update on where I am at. My truck will hit 6 weeks now at the dealer this week. Dealer still says there is no fix but did mention that there is another part out there that they found that has a different serial number that they said they think might be the potential fix for the recall but where it is not defined as the recall fix they said that i would have to cover the repair cost and then try to apply for a reimbursement through FCA. Figured i would try to do some digging based off the information that there is another part out there now with a different serial number. Called ram customer care this past Friday to see what I could find. The lady was really easy to work with but all the information she could find was that the part would become available sometime in the second quarter of 2020. She tried to get me set up to be on a list to get the part quickly when it became available. She put me on hold for a while and then ended up just calling me back. She must have had some issues because she ended up filing an official case or claim (I don’t remember what she called it) and said that someone would be calling me Monday. Not sure how much progress I made but I will try to post an update tomorrow when I hopefully find out more information.

unfortunately my truck was originally sold in Canada so I’m not sure how the buyback process would work under the emissions lawsuit. As of right now I would try to get it bought back and just go back to hemi. Had a hemi for the last 10 years and never had a single issue.

Will_CathVT

Jul 9, 2019
Truck Year
I am going through the same right now. FCA doesn't want to do anything for you as others have said. I called FCA this week and they told me still no parts available and to request a rental from my dealer until parts are available. Local dealer puts it back on FCA to take care of that as they cant authorize rentals over 5 days. I asked the dealer what they are doing, and currently they are putting "new" defective EGR coolers on eco's using coolant if they can get one. Which I am not interested in doing (fix it right the first time).

Can someone post the link to the thread with the law firm info for the class action suit? I will jump on the bandwagon.
Wave the extended warranty under their nose and get the loaner until the Eco is repaired with appropriate part. I've been in my loaner for 3+weeks and my dealer says I have it till the part arrives and the truck is repaired. By the way, I'm on my third EGR cooler and it failed.

MXZ0588

Mar 24, 2020
Truck Year
I’ve been battling with FCA customer support and the dealer for about a week. Dealer wanted to give me a sub compact for a loaner (need a truck for work). Getting the run around to just get a rental truck of some sort from FCA. What did they stick you in? I was told the same as others on here, parts are available, but not for 17s yet.

sekaw

Dec 2, 2019
Truck Year
has anybody heard if the new egr coolers are in yet .Got a text saying recall on truck called and I have to bring truck in so they can order parts.Tried to get service writer to order parts without having to bring in truck told no I think that's bull .MXZ0588 I was told by litigation lawyer they have to give you comparable vehicle FYI you might have to contact lawyer raise enough fuss with Chrysler care and they will give you number.

Holymoly

Oct 25, 2019
Truck Year
everybody I know who has a ED and took it in for the updated egr cooler was infomed after the egr cooler was replaced, they will need to come back at a later date to get the updated cooler because the one they just put on was the same as the defective cooler.
My brother has one, a 2014 and my close friend has two, a 16 and 17.
Fca isn't making anything very clear...kinda like the politics in America lately

sekaw

Dec 2, 2019
Truck Year
Thanks I think I read on another forum they had the earlier 14 and15 already but not the newer ones .I'm not going to let them put an older one on mine isn''t using that much antifreeze it just won't regenerate the exhaust filter and fuel mileage is bad.I've got 153000 miles on truck so I think I'm one of the lucky ones as far as reliability goes.

Holymoly

Oct 25, 2019
Truck Year
they kept my friends 16 for 107 days waiting for egr cooler, then it ended up being the same oem cooler.
They replaced his turbo as well.
Why would an engineer design a vehicle that requires the cabin to be removed to service a turbo?
My lemon law hearing is soon.

sekaw

Dec 2, 2019
Truck Year
I took mine in and they ordered parts there are 40 pages of things to check besides the egr cooler .They have no idea when parts will be in .I wish they would keep mine for 30 days I would make them do a by bac and get a 2500 .

MXZ0588

Mar 24, 2020
Truck Year
Has anyone that has been told they had the “new” designed egr valve installed have the new part number?

MXZ0588

Mar 24, 2020
Truck Year
Wave the extended warranty under their nose and get the loaner until the Eco is repaired with appropriate part. I've been in my loaner for 3+weeks and my dealer says I have it till the part arrives and the truck is repaired. By the way, I'm on my third EGR cooler and it failed.
I tried...... the extended max care warranty I purchased means nothing when the issue is related to a recall issue. This is what I was told when FCA refused to extend the 5 day loaner car that I was put in, and I was then transferred to max care and enlightened on the rental agreement. This has been the most miserable vehicle experience i've ever had. Dealer and the pampas A** case manager from FCA basically want to force me to drive the truck until the new EGR becomes available. I guess I will have to carry a couple fire extinguishers until then.

Billybob9

May 27, 2020
Truck Year
Hello
I'm new to the forum. I have a 2016 Outdoorsman Ecodiesel with 153000 km. It has been at the dealer for over 3 weeks now waiting on the EGR Cooler recall repair. The dealer has given me a loaner vehicle, however it's not a truck and I use my truck. I'm generally a patient person, however that is wearing thin. I'm getting conflicting reports of what the hold up is. Chrysler Canada is telling me the the parts are on back order and are not released for the 2016's. My dealer is telling me it is the same parts as the 2014 & 2015 and are available but FCA won't pay because the "recall" hasn't been released. As it was explained to me, they told the dealer they could fix my truck but Chrysler wouldn't cover it if it was done before the recall was released.

Reading the previous posts (and I apologize I have not read them all) I can see I'm not alone here. Has anyone had any success in getting in touch anyone at Chrysler that can actually do anything? All I've been able to get to so far is the customer service line and I don't like to give them a hard time as they have no power. They can only relay what the bosses tell them. Does anyone have any suggestions on what a next step should be?

Thank you to everyone for your input.

Holymoly

Oct 25, 2019
Truck Year
call customer service and file a claimonth even if you don't want to.
That is the thing to do. Without a claim started FCA won't talk to you about it.

Billybob9

May 27, 2020
Truck Year
Thanks. I called last night and again today. They are supposed to have a supervisor review it and get back to me. I'll see where it goes but I don't get a good feeling about it.