• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Electronic Throttle Control Message

Kenny Wagaman

Jan 3, 2018
Truck Year
First off, I'm a Ram truck/diesel believer. Secondly, the ecodiesel was the biggest disappointment I ever expierenced with Dodge. My problems started at approximately 6000 miles, and went strictly downhill from there. My local dealer has replaced just about everything to do with the fuel system. I've got the paperwork, but a short replacement list: intercooler, turbo,injector tubes, gaskets, and an assortment of hardware, gaskets, etc. The straw that broke the camel's back was, they needed to replace the injectors after I put 150 miles on it from the previous repair. I had 15,000 miles on it, and it was in the shop with fuel problems more then I was driving it. When the "service throttle assembly" came on again, They told me it was going to take injectors this time, I started talking LEMON LAW. They didn't want to hear that. I asked the service advisor if anyone else was having problems with the ecodiesel, like I was. She never looked up, simply saying, lots & lots. Traded it in on a 1500 with a hemi. Won't make the ecodiesel mistake again. If these problems were happening this early, I could see the dollar signs flashing once the warranty ran out.

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
First off, I'm a Ram truck/diesel believer. Secondly, the ecodiesel was the biggest disappointment I ever expierenced with Dodge. My problems started at approximately 6000 miles, and went strictly downhill from there. My local dealer has replaced just about everything to do with the fuel system. I've got the paperwork, but a short replacement list: intercooler, turbo,injector tubes, gaskets, and an assortment of hardware, gaskets, etc. The straw that broke the camel's back was, they needed to replace the injectors after I put 150 miles on it from the previous repair. I had 15,000 miles on it, and it was in the shop with fuel problems more then I was driving it. When the "service throttle assembly" came on again, They told me it was going to take injectors this time, I started talking LEMON LAW. They didn't want to hear that. I asked the service advisor if anyone else was having problems with the ecodiesel, like I was. She never looked up, simply saying, lots & lots. Traded it in on a 1500 with a hemi. Won't make the ecodiesel mistake again. If these problems were happening this early, I could see the dollar signs flashing once the warranty ran out.

Welcome Kenny, it seems some folks just get a lemon. That does happen with every brand though, not just Ram.

TOMS

May 23, 2018
Truck Year
Ok, I just joined this forum to tell my story about my 15’ ED which is at the dealership as I type, My problems started last may 2017 with service throttle control erro, truck went into limp mode till I got it to dealer, they had it for a week, replaced sensors and some fuel delivery parts, I wasn’t real concerned with what they did and just wanted my truck back, however the story goes on , keep reading, within a few months, the same thing happened, I was leaving for lake norris for our yearly ski trip, the day b4 we left my truck had throttle control error, the dealer gave me a truck to pull my boat to the lake, they had it for 2 weeks, replaced the entire fuel delivery system, pumps , fuel lines injectors etc, my truck ran fine till just after the first of the year 2018, this is when things got very bad, After driving 25 miles to work in am. All was fine till I left for an appt , got it started the truck, it’s started to stall and shake I knew something was seriously wrong, I called the dealer and had a flatbed transport the truck to dealer, after 7 weeks I got it back, with a brand new ED engines,, wow, prior to putting in a new engine they blamed bad fuel, however the lift pump failed they said and after replacing it they still could not get proper pressure, so they kept working there way replacing HP fuel pump and finally after no luck they found diesel fuel in engine oil, ouch so anew engine was ordered, came in 2 weeks and the crate was damaged so it was not usable and the dealer found another ED in CA, I live in Ohio. Now today my truck is in for throttle control errors, wow, the dealer was considering buying my truck back b4 the engine was replaced, wish I would have had that option,
Now they are asking me where I buy my fuel, In all the forums I have read , I get a bad feeling about his truck, I thank myself for purchasing a bumper to bumper extended warranty when the truck was new, the bill they gave me for the new engine work was 20,186$ I only had to pay for 186$ for cleaning the fuel tank, so 20k, was covered, NOW What?

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
Ok, I just joined this forum to tell my story about my 15’ ED which is at the dealership as I type, My problems started last may 2017 with service throttle control erro, truck went into limp mode till I got it to dealer, they had it for a week, replaced sensors and some fuel delivery parts, I wasn’t real concerned with what they did and just wanted my truck back, however the story goes on , keep reading, within a few months, the same thing happened, I was leaving for lake norris for our yearly ski trip, the day b4 we left my truck had throttle control error, the dealer gave me a truck to pull my boat to the lake, they had it for 2 weeks, replaced the entire fuel delivery system, pumps , fuel lines injectors etc, my truck ran fine till just after the first of the year 2018, this is when things got very bad, After driving 25 miles to work in am. All was fine till I left for an appt , got it started the truck, it’s started to stall and shake I knew something was seriously wrong, I called the dealer and had a flatbed transport the truck to dealer, after 7 weeks I got it back, with a brand new ED engines,, wow, prior to putting in a new engine they blamed bad fuel, however the lift pump failed they said and after replacing it they still could not get proper pressure, so they kept working there way replacing HP fuel pump and finally after no luck they found diesel fuel in engine oil, ouch so anew engine was ordered, came in 2 weeks and the crate was damaged so it was not usable and the dealer found another ED in CA, I live in Ohio. Now today my truck is in for throttle control errors, wow, the dealer was considering buying my truck back b4 the engine was replaced, wish I would have had that option,
Now they are asking me where I buy my fuel, In all the forums I have read , I get a bad feeling about his truck, I thank myself for purchasing a bumper to bumper extended warranty when the truck was new, the bill they gave me for the new engine work was 20,186$ I only had to pay for 186$ for cleaning the fuel tank, so 20k, was covered, NOW What?

Welcome, sounds like it's time to look for another truck. Also, 20K for a new engine is nuts.. about double of what it should be.

TOMS

May 23, 2018
Truck Year
Whats frustrating is my wife has a 2016 jeep with same engine 45k miles not a single problem, we buy diesel at same locations and i put the same diesel in my new kubota kx040 excavator and my JD diesel tractor, no problems there either, thanks for the repley.