• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Emission Test

VWRICK

Mar 24, 2019
Truck Year
Hi I'm Rick from Nothwest corner of Ohio. I have a 2014 ecodiesel Bighorn. I have had the AEM, done. DEF tank took a crap and was replaced under warranty, now I'm losing coolant, so EGR valve is leaking, but no parts to fix.
I just received a letter in mail from FLA. They want to use my truck for a random federal test. They will have my truck for 6-12 weeks , put 100 miles on it(plus travel to and from test facility). It will be returned washed with a full tank of fuel and I get $500. While they have my truck I will get a fully insured "vehicle" that has a full tank of fuel, and unlimited mileage.
Has anyone else received this?

VWRICK

Mar 24, 2019
Truck Year
Sorry, autocorrect. FCA. Fiat Chrysler Autogroup.
Don't know how to go back and edit my post.

Ram19

Nov 2, 2019
Truck Year
I responded to you on another site about this. My suggestion was to call the number listed on the letter and ask some questions about the testing and if they will fix the EGR cooler leak before they do the testing. They might not be interested in your truck knowing that it has a known EGR cooler leak & the repair parts are on back order for the repair.

Let us know how the phone call went & good luck!

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
It happens, not with just EcoDiesels.. the general consensus is to not do it because you have someone is taking over your truck and doing god knows what with it.. I personally would never go for it.. but that's just me.

Green Diesel

Nov 17, 2015
Truck Year
It is called "in-use compliance testing" and happens on all models if EPA calls an application out. For obvious reasons, the ecodiesel is on EPA radar and will be under more scrutiny.

The compensation they are offering is paltry. On the bright side, FCA will most likely have to change several parts on your vehicle to get it to pass the emission testing.

Ram19

Nov 2, 2019
Truck Year
It happens, not with just EcoDiesels.. the general consensus is to not do it because you have someone is taking over your truck and doing god knows what with it.. I personally would never go for it.. but that's just me.

You make a good point!

One thing for sure, I would never let them have it with the EGR leaking and them not fixing it. That's just a recipe for them ruining your engine during a dyno test. I know what I paid for my truck and personally I don't think I would let anyone have my truck for several days to do who knows what all with it & too it and then only compensate you with a full tank of fuel, a wash job & $500.00.

Reminds me of a friend that dropped off his BMW for some servicing. The dealer told him it would be several days for the repairs. When he got the car back it had over 500miles put on it while it was in the shop & in the next few weeks he started getting toll charges sent to him from that time frame & he had never been on any of those toll roads. When he confronted the dealership they finally confessed that one of the managers had been using his car as a daily driver while they were waiting for parts. When you let someone have your vehicle, you have lost control of it and anything can happen from there.

VWRICK

Mar 24, 2019
Truck Year
Tried to call today, about questions. Had to leave a message, for them to call me back.

MARK T

Nov 27, 2019
Truck Year
12 WEEKS = THREE MONTHLY PAYMENTS FOR $500.00 ONE SHOT NOT ON YOUR LIFE.WHAT HAPPENS IF IN ACCIDENT ON THE WAY TO BE TESTED . WHERE IS THE TEST AREA?

Green Diesel

Nov 17, 2015
Truck Year
12 WEEKS = THREE MONTHLY PAYMENTS FOR $500.00 ONE SHOT NOT ON YOUR LIFE.WHAT HAPPENS IF IN ACCIDENT ON THE WAY TO BE TESTED . WHERE IS THE TEST AREA?

The test area is Auburn Hills, MI. That is FCA headquarters in the US and where their emission test lab is. Cell 8 to be exact.