• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Engine Fire

John

Nov 13, 2015
I had My Ford F-250 Caught on Fire Back in 1996 Ford replace it New... No questions asked. it was 14 months old...later it was determined that Mods for the additional electronic lift for trailers system cause the failure, I contacted Ford with the Info and they thank Me and said They stand behind replacement under warranty that the ground cables should have never been under the dash. later Ford place them outside from frame to cab.
Did you have comprehensive insurance? Did you have a loan through Ford Motor Co.?

John

Nov 13, 2015
I would love to see the day that FCA stood behind their product rather than just wiping their hands clean and saying, not our problem, you got insurance...
I have to say from what I see on the Ram forums FCA has been top notch with warranty work. For example they have replaced literally thousands of engines with barely any questions being asked.

cds13ca

Jun 19, 2019
Truck Year
I have to say from what I see on the Ram forums FCA has been top notch with warranty work. For example they have replaced literally thousands of engines with barely any questions being asked.
True, they've been good about covering some of the blown motors and other parts, but I have yet to hear of an engine fire being covered by RAM.

John

Nov 13, 2015
True, they've been good about covering some of the blown motors and other parts, but I have yet to hear of an engine fire being covered by RAM.
Like I said in my previous post. Engine/vehicle fires are always handled by the insurance company. TC claims differently but most likely (if Ford actually did replace it as he says) Ford Motor Co. would have subrogated the claim and got reimbursed by the insurance company.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Did you have comprehensive insurance? Did you have a loan through Ford Motor Co.?

Of Corse I had Comp , I pay Insurance for the things that are unavoidable and beyond My control. Unlike a Certain % of owners that fall back on insurance do to their own stupidity, and their lack of Responsibility and Accountability.

FORD took responsibility In My case , Find ONE owner that Fiat warranty the truck after the fire, Ford NEVER turn the Claim in on My Insurance provider (LOL You would need My Policy# and Approval for the claim)

How many more post(s) are you going to look like head is in the sand John?

Fiat...in America when Americans are the makers does well and so does Fiat Power Tech, its VM and Fiat's love affair with VM that's destroyed their Market Share...At Current Most Ram Dealers are selling 250 Gas to every one 3.0Vm Diesel 2017-18 (new) I only know of 1 person that's going to order 2020 Ram/VM.

WOW how have things changed in America, I see WHY FIAT is getting away with the POS 3.0 How many John's are out their?

And Unlike the Johns' of America if I install additional Equipment and it burns up, Blows up, or just F up something I grab my balls and My wallet and take care of it....... Fiat is beyond shocking with the 3.0........Maybe the former head of Fiat that publicly commented that anyone who thinks Fiat is cheating is smoking something Illegal...Maybe he had reference to all the smoking VM 3.0s that are smoking on Americas roadways and Homes?

These fire's are putting owners at risk and their family's ..... So Far 2 confirmed 3.0 Rams have burn down two homes and another the shed it was park in......

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
You sound just like several Mods at 1500diesel.com. ( Blind leading the Blind ) Even If I provided the witnesses to the event John Head would still be in the Sand.

He would also call them lair's.....

Let see The Ram Cummins water pumps were replace in over 400K+ vehicles on recall do fires.

http://www.trucktrend.com/news/1709-fca-issues-water-pump-recall-for-cummins-powered-ram-heavy-duty-trucks/

https://wtop.com/recalls/2019/04/bmw-adds-nearly-185000-vehicles-to-recall-over-fire-risk/

https://thomasjhenrylaw.com/blog/product-liability/subaru-recalls-100k-vehicles-due-potential-fire-hazard/

https://media.ford.com/content/fordmedia/fna/us/en/news/2017/03/29/ford-issues-three-safety-recalls-and-one-safety-compliance-recal.html

https://www.kwch.com/content/news/Toyota-recalling-a-million-vehicles-over-potential-fire-hazard-492481731.html

I could post more, How can anyone think that even the potential risk of vehicle fires is OK and that the Maker has no accountability or responsibility in correcting the Risk or covering the lost.....is that person mind sound...... do they have their own agenda or Narrative.......

John

Nov 13, 2015
Now you're talking about recalls. Troll away all you want because it won't change the facts.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Yep....It certainly destroys Your agenda...Other makers have recalled Vehicles on the " risk " of potential fire(s)

Please provide some facts....To change... Name calling is just your opinion.

John

Nov 13, 2015
No name calling from me. Once again just facts. You're the one who started out saying insurance isn't for fires and the manufacture's pay the claim. Once you couldn't substantiate your position you changed it to recalls. Any and all manufacturers are required to recall any vehicle once it's determined to be a safety hazard. This is nothing new and Ram along with the rest have issued safety recalls as required by law.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
No....Its up to the Owner to decide, I gave (OP) the option to contact FCA, Sited I exercised that option and FORD stepped up.... Even after it was discovered what caused the Fire, FORD still Honored the warranty on the relocation of the ground wires...VM and Fiat have not done a single investigation to My Knowledge.

As long as Humans Like John are blind to designed and Poor QC at VM , Fiat will continue to promote the VM3.0....

John You attacked the option I gave..(If the Owners turns it in to his/her Ins provider is fine with me) John You want the OP to put his head in the sand next to yours. ( or others that unfortunately have had a 3.0 Fire) its up to them, maybe they want to exercise that route. whatever they choose I will do want ever I can to help out.

Its been a good practice of mine to take your best shot 1st, you can always fall back on Insurance.

I handle Insurance claims in Both My Auto and construction Business, Insurance can deny claims on defective and or mechanical failure , and malfunction. Post 15

cds13ca

Jun 19, 2019
Truck Year
No....Its up to the Owner to decide, I gave (OP) the option to contact FCA, Sited I exercised that option and FORD stepped up.... Even after it was discovered what caused the Fire, FORD still Honored the warranty on the relocation of the ground wires...VM and Fiat have not done a single investigation to My Knowledge.

As long as Humans Like John are blind to designed and Poor QC at VM , Fiat will continue to promote the VM3.0....

John You attacked the option I gave..(If the Owners turns it in to his/her Ins provider is fine with me) John You want the OP to put his head in the sand next to yours. ( or others that unfortunately have had a 3.0 Fire) its up to them, maybe they want to exercise that route. whatever they choose I will do want ever I can to help out.

Its been a good practice of mine to take your best shot 1st, you can always fall back on Insurance.

I handle Insurance claims in Both My Auto and construction Business, Insurance can deny claims on defective and or mechanical failure , and malfunction. Post 15
I agree, when there have been this many eco fires, at some point, FCA needs to take a step back and determine what the hell is going wrong. These are fairly new trucks. To sit there blindly and say deal with insurance, and not even investigate what is causing so many fires, THEY should be investigating and fix recall the truck to fix what is causing so many fires before someone gets killed! If it was one or two, sure it's an accident, but this many, I'm seeing these posted at a rate of 2-3 per week in the last month! I have a few vid's of other fires too but I can't seem to post them.

69604279_10157787136310087_5212703349324906496_n.jpg69600747_10218635927465292_8158650271241601024_o.jpg

69542283_10218635927025281_2654966834687639552_n.jpg

69365385_10218635925105233_1870715517359095808_n.jpg69764584_478417109648523_39688766285152256_n.jpg68815498_2703900532967901_2856453062032097280_n.jpg68727996_2920974377918674_1777325241668730880_n.jpg68793059_2900976389916479_3697941011922681856_n.jpg68265943_3254748627871977_5641482179436347392_n.jpg68732432_2447378121985530_5001122093408976896_n.jpg

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Those are some very damning Pictures.

I left My computer in My office down stairs on , the wife came in to clean, I was called away and the She seen those pictures and inquired, after that she never rode in the ED again and asked to leave it outside at the end of the driveway.

When I brought home the 2019 limited 5.7 she was relieved , and commented that all the Company and personnel Vehicles I own the 2015 ED was the most baby siting she seen Me ever do.

John

Nov 13, 2015
TC I have tried to be reasonable with you in the past and gave up. I'm trying again and it's just not worth it anymore. Back on the ignore list for a while.

3js

May 13, 2019
Truck Year
OK, this fire issue that I did not know existed to the degree it is bothered me to look into the problem. From what I understand from my dealership and confirmed by a very good diesel technician, pre update engines the EGR valve was sooting up and plugging with carbon. Hot exhaust gases were not being directed properly and the hot gases are being fed into the intake manifold. These hot gases melted the plastic intake and igniting the plastic intake. Dealership stated to me that this is the reason for the update and they had five vehicle fires there and all were pre update and nothing after update was installed. May be to early to make that statement due to the update is so recent. So I ask if one puts in a tuner will that tuned engine have a potential to fail as in the pre update. He shrugged his shoulders and said good question.

The question I have after thinking about this so called fix, was the EGR valve checked for carbon buildup after my update was installed. I haven't any failure symptoms but one would think that this should be part of the update. If it is partially plugged with the fire issue be a concern? It is amazing to me that at first I get we haven't heard of an problems with the update.... Then after researching and being on forums going back to the dealership and asking new more competent questions I get real or at least better answers to my questions.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
TC I have tried to be reasonable with you in the past and gave up. I'm trying again and it's just not worth it anymore. Back on the ignore list for a while.

You call yourself reasonable , is like saying ?, I don't put people on the ignore list BC they disagree with Me.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
OK, this fire issue that I did not know existed to the degree it is bothered me to look into the problem. From what I understand from my dealership and confirmed by a very good diesel technician, pre update engines the EGR valve was sooting up and plugging with carbon. Hot exhaust gases were not being directed properly and the hot gases are being fed into the intake manifold. These hot gases melted the plastic intake and igniting the plastic intake. Dealership stated to me that this is the reason for the update and they had five vehicle fires there and all were pre update and nothing after update was installed. May be to early to make that statement due to the update is so recent. So I ask if one puts in a tuner will that tuned engine have a potential to fail as in the pre update. He shrugged his shoulders and said good question.

The question I have after thinking about this so called fix, was the EGR valve checked for carbon buildup after my update was installed. I haven't any failure symptoms but one would think that this should be part of the update. If it is partially plugged with the fire issue be a concern? It is amazing to me that at first I get we haven't heard of an problems with the update.... Then after researching and being on forums going back to the dealership and asking new more competent questions I get real or at least better answers to my questions.

I ran with My pass unplugged for 3 years, I also partially Block My diffuser tube for 1.2 years, My Intake was still sooted up and needed Replacement. GDE tune shuts down the EGR valve down...and there are 1000s of GDE and others that do the same shutdown when EGR tuned intact.

I would provide pictures when I return Home.

John

Nov 13, 2015
Don't mistake information from dealers/technicians as real. The internet answers you get are not necessarily real either. There are many reasons for vehicle fires.

scoffman

Aug 21, 2019
Truck Year
I ran with My pass unplugged for 3 years, I also partially Block My diffuser tube for 1.2 years, My Intake was still sooted up and needed Replacement. GDE tune shuts down the EGR valve down...and there are 1000s of GDE and others that do the same shutdown when EGR tuned intact.

I would provide pictures when I return Home.
Are you saying that the GDE tune actually shuts down the EGR valve and no additional soot should get into the intake? Are you also saying there are other "Tuners" the do the same and shutdown the EGR valve? Or are you saying that even with the EGR valve being shutdown the soot will still build up in the intake?