• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Engine Fire

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Yes GDE shutdown the EGR valve, You would need to call Keith and ask what % of time, the EGR cavity has a Thermo-coupler to measure the Heat and GDE tune must monitor the temp and if the heat gets to X level it will open But its rare it opens..again you would have to ask Keith at GDE for the details. I cleaned / Foam My intake 3 times until 41K Miles Both EGR and Plenum were replaced and I threw in threw in the towel, If your going to keep your 3.0 for the long term it needs to be tuned for DD use or it will suck up your wallet after AEM Warranty .

cds13ca

Jun 19, 2019
Truck Year
all these fires and fmc doesn't give rats ass about it
more people need to report the fires when they happen to either transport canada or NHTSA in the USA for them to investigate and put some pressure on FCA to get off their ass and find out why their trucks are catching fire... That's the only way we can be heard from the big FCA giant, is to get national transportation on their case.

In USA, you can file a complaint at:

In Canada, you can file a complaint at:

carlhenry

Nov 21, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
more people need to report the fires when they happen to either transport canada or NHTSA in the USA for them to investigate and put some pressure on FCA to get off their ass and find out why their trucks are catching fire... That's the only way we can be heard from the big FCA giant, is to get national transportation on their case.

In USA, you can file a complaint at:

In Canada, you can file a complaint at:
u should forward your pictures to them anonymously

Mopowerman

Oct 13, 2019
Truck Year
Not Listed
Following a ram eco diesel today and it caught fire, watched them down and got family out. But def not buying the 2020 Jeep with the diesel now

Attachments

• 38EF0262-6765-4A45-B907-36FF291562ED.jpeg
    38EF0262-6765-4A45-B907-36FF291562ED.jpeg
    502.2 KB · Views: 27

Gern2469

Sep 29, 2019
Truck Year
2016 laramie longhorn ecodiesel bought it with 60k on 9/26 and burned to the ground 9/27 only 24 hrs after I bought it certified preowned.

Attachments

• Resized_20190927_191929(1).jpeg.jpg
    Resized_20190927_191929(1).jpeg.jpg
    423.9 KB · Views: 22

carlhenry

Nov 21, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
my friends just burned to the ground the rear injector was leaking and he had all the foam still on top of the motor with the plastic cover it went up quickly I told him to get rid of all that plastic. how can anyone certify a vehicle with all the problems the eco has

carlhenry

Nov 21, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
2016 laramie longhorn ecodiesel bought it with 60k on 9/26 and burned to the ground 9/27 only 24 hrs after I bought it certified preowned.
it looks like that fire started in the rear usually the first thing burned is the aluminum hood

Mopowerman

Oct 13, 2019
Truck Year
Not Listed
what does a older ram fire have 2 do with a 2020 ram
It’s has to do with being the same engine. I’m sorry but I’m not trusting the eco diesel with my family after yesterday. They where picking between 2 different diesel to drop in the jeeps I was planing on buying in the end the went back to this eco diesel. The only dodge diesel with problems! They should have stuck with cumming. As a life long Mopar man, I’m serious looking at the other small diesel trucks now.

Gern2469

Sep 29, 2019
Truck Year
Started in the motor under the oil fill cap. I cant uploaf the other pics for sime reason

fiero11

Sep 30, 2019
Truck Year
I spoke top my dealer mechanic about correcting the stalling issue in my truck. He did not know when a new fix would be out, but he had numerous trucks coming in after the AEM reprogram having high EGT and melting holes in the back of the exhaust manifolds. He said he had three sitting in the shop with that problem at the time we were speaking.

fiero11

Sep 30, 2019
Truck Year
I do not remember but it might have been the intakes. Aluminum melts easy at those temps and the high heat would cause all the issues mentioned. I would have to see the relation of the intakes near the exhaust manifolds since it is the exhaust manifolds over heating. Usually the engine will seize from the piston tops getting a hole melted in them first but if the intake and exhaust run parallel then I can see the intake being damaged first.