• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Engine Oil Analysis

AzRamDiesel

Jan 2, 2014
Has anyone does an Analysis on the EcoDiesel oil yet?

Places like Blackstone labs is a popular one. I guess it would be good to see just how good the oil is right before an oil change.

diesel power 2014

Oct 3, 2015
Truck Year
If you think you are having problems or if you have had a recent sample done and info showed
there might be problems every second or third oil change would be ok.The class 8 trucks I work on
with Cat,Cummins or Detroit engines most run 250-300 hrs not everybody in the trucking world
may agree to this as they may run different oil(s) miles etc.Note if you want to take a sample you
take a sample at oil change.Engine oil hot pull plug wait 10-15 seconds take sample in jar
provided.The reason is you want to have a sample taken at least half way oil volume test
is accurate.

moparecodiesel

May 24, 2015
Truck Year
Not Listed
The best cost effective place I found to do my oil analysis is CAT SOS. Look it up online for your nearest caterpillar dealer. My oil sampling saved my ass last month as two dealers said I threw two rods and spun rod bearings. Idiots diddnt know I already had 10 oil samples on that engine testing all different oils and oil filters. My oil sample right there at the dealer was cleaned than any other sample. My oil sampling saved my $30,000 engine. That is the actual cost of the complete drop in unit. Yes I do have a backup engine, but my quote at the two dealers was $34000 otd. I actually started making my videos and taking my oil samples not to show off and share with everyone but as legal documentation in case I ran into the same problems I had with my ecoboost piece of crap. Just so happened my engine was just fine and needed some timing rework.
So in a nutshell it could save you $30000 in case your dealer blames the blown engine on your dirty air filter. I've seen it happen. And yes cat can actually tell you if your air filter is dirty by your oil sample

diesel power 2014

Oct 3, 2015
Truck Year
Good info.I do not think you are showing off neither anyone else.Please share any info if samples can pinpoint "soot"
in the oil.The technology used in these engines come from Europe and they have had nothing but troubles and they
are removing half of the emission controls and here in North America we are just starting to have the same problems.

GNR

Nov 5, 2015
Truck Year
Not Listed
It's ridiculous that this engine would cost $30k+. A 6.7 Cummins would probably be half that.

While I like the fuel mileage savings I'm not sure I would own one of these trucks past the warranty period.

RansRAM

Nov 14, 2015
Truck Year
Amsoil provides a kit and paid UPS to a lab in Edmonton for analysis. Just ordered the kit to check out the condition of my oil.

diesel power 2014

Oct 3, 2015
Truck Year
That is good info.Please let us know the results.I use agatlabs.com (Canada Edmonton Alberta location) good web site
for analysis testing.

RansRAM

Nov 14, 2015
Truck Year
That is good info.Please let us know the results.I use agatlabs.com (Canada Edmonton Alberta location) good web site
for analysis testing.
NP. I sent my sample in today. They are emailing the results.

RansRAM

Nov 14, 2015
Truck Year
Here is my results, also posted in the sticky thread.

Attachments

• ENGINE-E-E-490564-Sev2-1.pdf
    418 KB · Views: 23