• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Engine oil

Bookmaker

Nov 23, 2019
Truck Year
VALVOLINE PREMIUM BLUE EXTREME meets all requirements for fca MS-10902 & CUMMINS CES 20086, I'll probably start switching over after my next oil change. It' about $66 on amazon.

I switched to that two weeks ago. According to the spec sheet it has more zinc, better HTHS, higher TBN, and higher viscosity at 100°C than T6.

CAVEMANN

Jan 5, 2020
Truck Year
I used to work on some BIG diesels that contained silver bearings, we couldn't have any zinc in the oil as it would plate itself onto the silver and screw things up.......BADLY.

Ecopete

Dec 27, 2019
Truck Year
I had picked up some 5w40 valvoline premium blue extreme at TSC (as it was on clearance!) then I took it as well as T6 Rotella to a garage to get oil changed, as I have warranty then they couldn't find a spec on the Valvoline that matched the FCA requirements so they used the T6 anyway
I switched to that two weeks ago. According to the spec sheet it has more zinc, better HTHS, higher TBN, and higher viscosity at 100°C than T6.

Bookmaker

Nov 23, 2019
Truck Year
I had picked up some 5w40 valvoline premium blue extreme at TSC (as it was on clearance!) then I took it as well as T6 Rotella to a garage to get oil changed, as I have warranty then they couldn't find a spec on the Valvoline that matched the FCA requirements so they used the T6 anyway
The Valvoline PBX matches every spec listed in the diesel supplement. It’s right on the bottle.

Ecopete

Dec 27, 2019
Truck Year
The Valvoline PBX matches every spec listed in the diesel supplement. It’s right on the bottle.
That may well be, but there was nothing about ms-10902 on the bottles I got. But the T6 didn't either but FCA has it "listed" so it seems its the go to oil

CAVEMANN

Jan 5, 2020
Truck Year
I'll bet the VALVOLINE was NOT the PREMIUM BLUE EXTREME, but rather the predecessor "PREMIUM BLUE".

Ecopete

Dec 27, 2019
Truck Year
I'll bet the VALVOLINE was NOT the PREMIUM BLUE EXTREME, but rather the predecessor "PREMIUM BLUE".
I'm guessing it's pretty old stock, but I figure oil in a sealed container should keep for a long time!

Attachments

• 20200306_095700.jpg
    20200306_095700.jpg
    288.9 KB · Views: 10

CAVEMANN

Jan 5, 2020
Truck Year
Age shouldn't matter on oil. I think the oil was Valvoline Premium Blue and NOT Premium Blue Extreme. Similar enough that it could cause confusion if you're not paying close attention, at least with the different Rotella oils the jugs are a different color.

Ecopete

Dec 27, 2019
Truck Year
Age shouldn't matter on oil. I think the oil was Valvoline Premium Blue and NOT Premium Blue Extreme. Similar enough that it could cause confusion if you're not paying close attention, at least with the different Rotella oils the jugs are a different color.
You didn't study the pic of my jug I posted, perhaps? In the red banner it says "extreme"