• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Engine

pmctavish9

Feb 7, 2021
Truck Year
Well I did all the maintenance required oil changes everything and the truck ran great up until this happened and happened out of the blue. Was turning a corner and truck ran really rough all of a sudden and I pulled over. Waited a couple of minutes and tried again to run and went about 10 feet and did it again and a puff of blue smoke came out from under the hood. The dealership told me the computer had no indications of anything happening so the tech checked the oil and there was metal shavings in the oil and now waiting

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Their are millions of 5/20w engines (Gas) running just fine into the 200K+ miles

Yes, its not the Spec Lube, but even a 3.0VM on a steady diet of 5/20w should not puke itself to death before 200K miles.

The reason 3.0VM puke are 1. QC, 2. its designed for 3200Lbs Euro cars not 6200lbs Trucks plus towing, 3 its a fifthly dirty Motor
(OS / intake / Exhaust) when used in DD.

The 3.0VM does OK in HWY use due to the facts that less wear on the Rotating mass VS dart city driving.