• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Error P203e and Overheating

Ben Buchanan

Mar 5, 2017
Truck Year
I am driving a 2014 Ecodiesel with 127,000 miles on it. I had the 120,000 service done in late January. In the last 3 weeks the cruise control button started to work intermittently. It seems like it has a mind of its own. Sometimes I adjust the gear up and then down and it will work. Sometimes if I cancel and press hard enough it works. Then last week I noticed that the heater only blows cold air. Before that could be investigated, my check engine light came on and I got an error code P203e. That same day the coolant overheated. When I turn off the engine there is a fan noise that continues for 10 seconds. That is new.

I have researched each of these individually, but nothing seems to be common to all of them. Is there a computer issue upstream that could control and cause an error?

It is going to a diesel mechanic in the morning.

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
Report back what you find out out. That's a lot to happen in a short amount of time.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Ben Buchanan

Mar 5, 2017
Truck Year
Of course by the time I got to the dealership, the cruise control was working, the heater was working, and I was able to clear the error code. It is still overheating. The radiator fan is blowing cold, but after 10 minutes the coolant is >240 and the hoses are very hot. It is at the diesel mechanic now.

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
Of course by the time I got to the dealership, the cruise control was working, the heater was working, and I was able to clear the error code. It is still overheating. The radiator fan is blowing cold, but after 10 minutes the coolant is >240 and the hoses are very hot. It is at the diesel mechanic now.

Hopefully it's something simple and they can get you back on the road again. Keep us updated!

Ben Buchanan

Mar 5, 2017
Truck Year
The belief is that the water pump is my problem. It is being replaced and we shall see what happens with the other things.

Otis

Mar 27, 2017
Truck Year
I have a 2015 w/50k miles. Over the weekend I lost the heater and yesterday It overheated (even though the cooling system was full). Had it towed to the dealership and they are thinking water pump as well.

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
I have a 2015 w/50k miles. Over the weekend I lost the heater and yesterday It overheated (even though the cooling system was full). Had it towed to the dealership and they are thinking water pump as well.

Welcome to the forum Otis.. keep us updated on what the dealer says!

Ben Buchanan

Mar 5, 2017
Truck Year
My truck ran very well for about 10 days and then overheated again after having the water pump replaced. Turns out the shop did not refill the system with the OAT coolant and the "standard" coolant will not work. I assume the dealership will know that... To their credit the shop was very upfront about it all and flushed the system and refilled it at their cost.

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
My truck ran very well for about 10 days and then overheated again after having the water pump replaced. Turns out the shop did not refill the system with the OAT coolant and the "standard" coolant will not work. I assume the dealership will know that... To their credit the shop was very upfront about it all and flushed the system and refilled it at their cost.

Glad they owned up to it. That's hard to find these days with most shops.

Alex

Apr 5, 2017
Truck Year
Are you getting any other vodes once you cleared it? Is the same code coming back up?