• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Exhaust bolts Part of maintenance ? New to me!!!

Veefer99

Feb 7, 2019
Truck Year
Dealer replaced the whole DPF unit under warranty few days ago. I will have to replace those gasket steel nuts with stainless ones.
Also installed new software update for $120 and all engine lag thing is gone.
Engine light came back the next day P020EE and went back for def injector cleaning from carbon build up. Should be good now. We shall see.

t John

Nov 14, 2016
Truck Year
Same here, one stainless steel bolt snapped at the flange by the DEF injector, while filling the broken piece out the other one falls off. No rust whatsoever on the boat only the knot is Rusted. It's not the rust but the fracture in a bolt that causes it crack it's a very small diameter bolt for a big exhaust flange , poor design. Dealer says it's a rust problem and extended warranty does not cover it. They want $500 to drill the bolt out. I intend to replace all three bolts with good quality ones. No check engine light on and no other problems with the injector yet.
What size is the bolt? Just had my DEF pump replaced - was within the years for the extended warranty but 11K over mileage. $1400 to install new DEF pump. One week after install, check engine light comes on and "Service DEF System - 43 miles before engine doesn't start - see dealer" warning comes on. Looked under the truck and the gasket near the DEF injector is hanging there. I have a new gasket, just need advice on the bolt size.