• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Exhaust system

fhedrickjr

Dec 15, 2016
Truck Year
So, I guess my thoughts of just removing the stock muffler and replacing it with a low restriction muffler is not a reality?

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
So, I guess my thoughts of just removing the stock muffler and replacing it with a low restriction muffler is not a reality?
It's not as effective of altering anything as it would be on a gasser. You'll probably never notice a difference therefore money down the toilet

fhedrickjr

Dec 15, 2016
Truck Year

fhedrickjr

Dec 15, 2016
Truck Year
It's not as effective of altering anything as it would be on a gasser. You'll probably never notice a difference therefore money down the toilet
Fooey!! NOT what I wanted to hear!!! :) Thanks for the info!
I hear straight pipe is cheap!! ;)

Last edited:

Brokedownbutgood

Apr 17, 2016
Truck Year
Running a dpf back exhaust well do nothing for sound really but it well help lower egts a little. So its not for nothing its just really hard to notice.

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed

I haven't, but it looks like something I wouldn't trust on my $50K truck. Also, you can't even flash an EcoDiesel via the OBD port. So I would say it's just a fooler anyways.

Go with something tried and true. GDE, PPEI, etc..

Last edited:

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
If you're not happy with the performance and looking for a tune than spend the money and get the ecu programmed, don't risk it with a piggyback tuner.

fhedrickjr

Dec 15, 2016
Truck Year
If you're not happy with the performance and looking for a tune than spend the money and get the ecu programmed, don't risk it with a piggyback tuner.
Gotcha. I know you are correct. I am willing but the wife usually is not. I am also known to be "cheap"!!

JohnB

Nov 10, 2017
Truck Year