• The official site for FCA settlement information and questions is located at https://www.ecodieselsettlement.com/
  • Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

FCA Buy Back?

solstar

Oct 3, 2015
Truck Year
I literally took my truck in a week ago got a loaner and got a call today from the dealer. Dealer said we got good news and bad news, your truck is fixed, bad news it was a creased wire in the def system not covered $800+. Bunch of bullshit if you ask me I bet all the money in the world I have the same problems. I'll let y'all know when/if I pick it up.
Perhaps the dealers have gotten their "marching orders" to not cover ANYTHING under warranty that is irregular or improperly repaired. If it is part of the DEF system it is covered under the recall warranty. Look at a blowup of the def system from MOPAR and if the wire is there it is covered.

Elmer P Brinkman

Feb 6, 2016
Truck Year
Not Listed
Has anyone contacted FCA or Ram about the "buy Back"?
My trucks will hit the 30 day mark next week of being in the shop.
They have not been able to pull any codes, but they assure me it has nothing to do with the "FCA Flash".
On July 25th I got the Service Electronic Throttle Control light and limp mode no codes. dropped at dealer on the 26th. They are waiting on a EGR cooler, witch are back ordered.
will I be eligible for the buy back???????

Thanks, Isaac

Elmer P Brinkman

Feb 6, 2016
Truck Year
Not Listed
My truck has had the same code, but I'm told the turbo is out and needs to be replaced. I'm 20 days with the truck sitting at the dealer's lot waiting for parts. I have a loaner vehicle, but would rather have my own.

Holymoly

Oct 25, 2019
Truck Year
I filled out the forms for buy back as required by law in my state. FCA has made no attempt to contact me within the allotted time stated in the lemon law buy back regulation.
I will be contacting the State Attorney General and private Attorney.
It seems as though FCA would rather pay more in the long run.
Maybe FCA is betting on anot her slap on the wrist.
The ED has a Nonconforming defective issue that can cause injury to occupants and premature engine wear.
It doesn't matter how many times you take it to the service department. There is no fix!
Then there is the faulty EGR cooler which shouldn't be confused with the Nonconformaty.

Upsidedowncowboy

Feb 4, 2020
Truck Year
They have not been able to pull any codes, but they assure me it has nothing to do with the "FCA Flash".
On July 25th I got the Service Electronic Throttle Control light and limp mode no codes. dropped at dealer on the 26th. They are waiting on a EGR cooler, witch are back ordered.

Thanks, Isaac

Upsidedowncowboy

Feb 4, 2020
Truck Year
I have the same exact issue. After the recall recalibration I have a check engine light that indicates I need a new EGR cooler which is not available nationwide. I called FCA and was told the part would be available in April. The dealer says he's had several eco-diesels sitting there for 2 months with furious owners and there's nothing they can do. He said my truck could go into limp mode at anytime or the engine may catch fire- what a shit show!!!

Holymoly

Oct 25, 2019
Truck Year
I have the same exact issue. After the recall recalibration I have a check engine light that indicates I need a new EGR cooler which is not available nationwide. I called FCA and was told the part would be available in April. The dealer says he's had several eco-diesels sitting there for 2 months with furious owners and there's nothing they can do. He said my truck could go into limp mode at anytime or the engine may catch fire- what a shit show!!!

Holymoly

Oct 25, 2019
Truck Year
I've been trying to work a trade assist with my dealer through fca for 3 months.
I got frustrated with the dealer and their desire to sell me another truck at no discount. fca offered me a 6k trade assist but the dealer couldn't get fca to comply with the assistance. The fca rep lied and refused what he had previously offered me and two of my friends. I'm done forever with Chrysler and so my family and friends are done as well. fca will lie to you.
It's like CNN, they are on a new agenda saying carbon in intake is normal.
I say normal for a poorly engineered egr system. The Italian ceos don't give a rats ass about the USA customers.
I'm looking at a Chevrolet instead of the delete. Good luck

Gregggarcia16

May 13, 2022
Truck Year
Well todays 31 out-of-service days. who should I call first?
Mine sat there for five weeks and when I finally just went in they hadn’t even popped the hood or looked at it in any way, so
I took it. Cause when after 5 weeks they finally got around to looking at it then had to order the cooler which would be around 3/6 months then install yea go ahead take my truck for half a year and I’ll keep
Paying payment insurance registration wtf Buch of ass clowns so I just click click delete and replaced the intake , turbo coolant hose and a couple other things like complete exhaust delete replace and egr bye bye best thing I’ve ever done with it

Oasis

May 15, 2017
Truck Year

Thanks, Isaac
Try 5 months, new motor, and the NOS sensor is now bad, I don’t even have 2k on the new motor, I’m getting 14 mpg’s in town and 21/22 on the highway..🤬 and in 2k it’s used 2 qts of oil.. wtf

Gregggarcia16

May 13, 2022
Truck Year
I’ve got a 2018 eco and for the last 14 months or so I’ve been researching the service electronic throttle. I’ve found several different reasons for it from a clogged and goopy EGR tube and MAP sensor. Mainly because of the leaky EGR cooler. That’s the easy one but for me I cleaned the tube spotless and replaced the sensor but that didn’t do shit. What I found is the butterfly valves in the intake get sooo gummed up the cease and the plastic gears from the actuator to the valves grenade and then the lil motor implodes so its a pain ion he ass but get a new intake and while you’re in there replace the turbo coolant hose if you’re over a 100k. Good luck!ill add some picture of what I’m talking about.

Gregggarcia16

May 13, 2022
Truck Year
Thanks to the wonderful emissions crap some lamé engineers came up with that’s ruining our trucks not to mention defective crap at that!

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Thanks to the wonderful emissions crap some lamé engineers came up with that’s ruining our trucks not to mention defective crap at that!

Yep that plenum is going to fail in all Ram 1500 DSL's (OEM) at some point...The more city driven the sooner it will fail...