• The official site for FCA settlement information and questions is located at https://www.ecodieselsettlement.com/
  • Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

FCA work to settle criminal investigation (1-8-19) update

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
The whole settle is here https://www.ecodieselsettlement.com/content/dam/fcacourtsettlement/pdf/DOJ_Consent_Decree.pdf

As you read the pages form pages 80 + FCA is NOW ordered to report violations to the EPA, They are also ordered to monitor and implement

My guess the New software will have detection, So even swapping ECMs will not work if you return the vehicle for warranty repairs.

Subject to standard limitations that must be identified to Eligible Owners and Eligible Lessees, which may set forth exclusions like accident, abuse, neglect, or installation of noncertified parts, and applicable existing warranty provisions that will remain in effect, the Extended Warranty shall cover the cost of all parts and labor needed to repair the items listed below.

• Catalysts o Diesel Oxidation Catalyst / Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF) Assembly o Selective Catalyst Reduction (SCR) Catalyst
• Diesel Exhaust Fluid (DEF) System
o DEF Injector o DEF Injector Controller
o DEF Storage Tank o DEF Delivery Lines
o DEF Concentration Sensor (2016 Model Year Ram 1500 and Jeep Grand Cherokee only) o DEF Supply Module, Pump, & Temperature Sensor Unit
• Parts of the Fuel System
o Low Pressure Fuel Pump Module & Level Unit
o Fuel Injectors
o Fuel Rail
o High Pressure Fuel Line o High Pressure Injection Pump & Regulator Unit
• Parts of the Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) System
o EGR Cooler Tubes
o EGR Cooler
o EGR Valve
o EGR Temperature Sensor
o EGR Cooler bypass actuator
• Other Sensors That Are Covered
o Oxygen Sensors
o NOx Sensors
o Intake Manifold Pressure Sensor
o Engine Coolant Temperature Sensor
o Fuel/Water Separator Sensor o Intake Swirl Actuator Sensor
o Engine Camshaft Position Sensor
o Engine Crankshaft Position Sensor
o Particulate Matter Sensor
o Mass Airflow Sensor
o Boost Pressure Sensor
o Crankcase Pressure Sensor
o Exhaust Manifold Pressure Sensor .
Throttle Valve
o Exhaust Temperature Sensor
o DPF Differential Pressure Sensor
• Engine Control Module (Computer)
• Transmission Control Module (Computer)/Valve Body & Solenoids
• Throttle Valve
• Cylinder Head Assembly, Including Valves, Springs, Valve Spring Keepers, Valve Seats, Cam Bearing Caps, and Manifold Studs (Camshaft and other components of the assembly are not covered)
• Engine Thermostat/housing/gasket
• The turbocharger system including all related hoses and pipes, all sensors and actuators.

Additionally, the Extended Warranty shall cover the cost of any OBD Diagnostic Scan for malfunctions that trigger the OBD Malfunction Indicator Light (MIL), regardless of whether the malfunction is attributable to a part that is covered under the Extended Warranty.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Its a risk.

If I was going to keep My ED....Here's what I would do

1st if it had over 30K Miles complain its using coolant its surging and pulsating, That would required FCA to replace the ERG complete and replace the plenum. I would have the Tech check the Valves for warping and caking and have them replace the heads if that was the case... Then they can re-flash for AEM.

Before the 10 year 120K or the 4 year 48K whichever applied I would complain about the same problem, No doubt it all sooted up again... If GDE is still in Business at that Time I would tune... that way I get the cash Keep my warranty and still get My tune Paid by FCA + some fun Money for the Hassle.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
I think I will just go back to gas, it was so much easier

Yep......But just don't hold other Diesels accountable for what FCA/VM did or are doing. Diesels in Pickups are just the best to drive / Pull and the mileage is 15-35% better.

FCA market this ED for family and DD use and its just not the motor for Grocery getting and pick up the Kids at School.

swordfish

Nov 15, 2015
Truck Year
yes that's right, but being checked down and harnessed like this there is just no longevity, and that goes for
any diesel manufactured for the us market, it the price we pay to stabilize the damage that's been done.
the solution is there but it's being doled out with an eye dropper

1shadowsabre

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
Its a risk.

If I was going to keep My ED....Here's what I would do

1st if it had over 30K Miles complain its using coolant its surging and pulsating, That would required FCA to replace the ERG complete and replace the plenum. I would have the Tech check the Valves for warping and caking and have them replace the heads if that was the case... Then they can re-flash for AEM.

Before the 10 year 120K or the 4 year 48K whichever applied I would complain about the same problem, No doubt it all sooted up again... If GDE is still in Business at that Time I would tune... that way I get the cash Keep my warranty and still get My tune Paid by FCA + some fun Money for the Hassle.

But what if the engine is "NOT" using using coolant and pulsating? Seems kinda hard to just make something at the dealers service center...
I am not trying to be argumentative, just asking how you would approach this.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
But what if the engine is "NOT" using using coolant and pulsating? Seems kinda hard to just make something at the dealers service center...
I am not trying to be argumentative, just asking how you would approach this.
It will, and if you check your plenum it will be sooted up.... Your MAP sensor will be 80%+ plugged... and the coolant bottle low even if its mysteriously was suck out.

I don't have AEM software... So I'm just guessing it will be more sooty than the one we have now...... Logic would dictate that FCA would have incorporate years ago... and thats why the extend Warranty.....Think about it is 120/48 48/120 really that good? IMO NO.

If I'm agreeing to those terms they are going to have to agree with mine... FCA already broke MN good faith laws, it would not take me More than some Legal DOCs and some time and FCA would be spending More $$$$$$ in legal fee's than My Purchase Price, and they still will be required to the repairs I've suggested.

solarvic

Jun 28, 2015
Truck Year
Is the Hot Line you refer to run by the Class Action lawyers? I don't think this site is by Fiat Chrysler....?
I went to the dealer where I traded the truck in. The new car manager gave me that telephone number and told me he was new on the job. I called it and was put on hold lots of time I was given the web site verbaly, and did a search and think it was a lawyer site. Someone here updated the http. www and that is the correct one.

Rhubarb

Aug 31, 2016
Truck Year
Yep......But just don't hold other Diesels accountable for what FCA/VM did or are doing. Diesels in Pickups are just the best to drive / Pull and the mileage is 15-35% better.

FCA market this ED for family and DD use and its just not the motor for Grocery getting and pick up the Kids at School.

I think that should read worse fuel mileage

I have a 2016 Laramie Longhorn 6'4" box big Cab with 3.92 gearing air ride susp ..... this truck is the biggest POS for fuel mileage I have owned. I get no-where close to the advertised mpg... I have had my EGR cooler replaced and still sucking coolant back and starting to act as it did the last time. My buddies Hemis get better mileage towing a 2 bed enclosed snowmobile trailer down the 401 at the same time as I am driving just my truck same speed (115kmh), I am getting 14 mpg they are getting 16 .... complete utter joke then my buddies 2500 at the same time pulling a 8 x 30 foot enclosed with 6 snowmobiles and ice fishing gear in it and 5 ppl in the cab, bed of truck full of food and clothes getting 16 mpg.

This Eco diesel is a POS the extra $$ for fuel (here in Ontario it is 20 to 30 cents more per liter) the extra cost of oil changes and fuel filters to give the same mileage as a hemi is fn ridiculous.....I have complained since day one to the dealer about mileage but I get blown off as well no one else has that issue they all love them.... i am very soon going to drop the POS off there for a week for them to drive and to prove how bad it is and to top it off when they towed it in for the EGR cooler the tonneau cover came loose and smashed the roof of my rear cab which is now rusting and they are doing f all about it so far...it would not have needed to be towed if the motor didn't have issues...

I was so hoping the courts would grow a pair in this lawsuit and bang them as VW was but nope and to top it off we in Canada will get absolutely nothing in the end.

Michael M

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Yep... Canada Owners are getting the X out of the ED... Again and again. its Hero , Zero Status, In long term ownership with DD use is just not worth the risk to own.