• The official site for FCA settlement information and questions is located at https://www.ecodieselsettlement.com/
  • Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

FCA work to settle criminal investigation (1-8-19) update

Hundo

Aug 5, 2017
Truck Year
Yours was already neutered before it left the factory. What did your msrp say for fuel economy and what’s your towing capacity

Am I missing something that says the 2017 wont get compensated? If so, can you point me to the literature? Thanks bud

Edit: nevermind, I found it now, that it’s only the 2014-2016 models. Well that answers my questions about what to do since mines a 2017 haha

Shawn Thomas

Jun 1, 2018
Truck Year
Yours was already neutered before it left the factory. What did your msrp say for fuel economy and what’s your towing capacity

Honestly don’t remember. I’d have to go back and look at the sticker

Brian Hartenstine

Nov 11, 2015
Truck Year
My 2015 eco has over 88,000 miles and I was this of getting the GDE tune but if the warranty is 48,000 additional after the patch I will have to think about it! I have not had any issues since I don't tow anything but a 5 x 10 flat trailer. I'm also thinking of getting a toy hauler in the future to help with bbq competitions! So any feedback would be great!

g8trdad

Jul 6, 2017
Truck Year
I bought mine in 2015, is out of warranty already. Has 68,000 and change in mileage. Not sure what my best option would be right now

Texasaj

Oct 1, 2018
Truck Year
From my attorney

EcoDiesel Proposed Settlement
1/10/19 7:20 PM
We have reached a proposed $330M settlement with FCA and Bosch in the EcoDiesel litigation. The settlement compensates current and former owners and lessees, and provides a software update that brings the vehicles into emissions compliance. The EPA and CARB have conducted extensive testing of the software modification and determined that the modification does not materially affect fuel mileage or performance.

The software update comes with an extended warranty for the greater of (i) 10 years from the date of initial sale or 120,000 actual miles on the vehicle odometer, whichever comes first; and (ii) 4 years or 48,000 miles, from date and mileage of installing the software patch, whichever comes first.
  • Eligible owners who purchased their vehicle on or before January 12, 2017 and still own the vehicle at the time the approved software update is installed will receive a payment of $3,075 in addition to a software update and the extended warranty.
  • Eligible owners who purchased their vehicle after January 12, 2017 and still own the vehicle at the time the approved software update is installed will receive a payment of $2,460 in addition to a software update and the extended warranty. If no other valid claim is filed for the same vehicle, an eligible owner in this category may receive the full $3,075.
  • Eligible current lessees will receive a payment of $990 in addition to a software update and the extended warranty.
  • Eligible former owners and former lessees will receive a payment if $990.
None of these benefits will be reduced to pay Class Counsel’s attorneys’ fees or expenses.

Jessica Thompson
Attorney
ney

How do I get the proposed settlement payment? Who do I contact ?

Hundo

Aug 5, 2017
Truck Year
I tow a tongue mounted toyhauler, loaded I’m about 7600-8000 lbs. it pulls it fine, I get about 12-14 mpg with it. Mine “was” rated at 9000 lbs towing capacity, I have a 3:92 rear end. Gives me a little room and if you add my stuff that’s in the cab I’m probably close to maxed out. Now when they de tune it, I’ll lose that cushion and mileage. I get about 27mpg @70 mph, that’s not going to be the same also.

As far as a buyback , you can go in and make your own deal, you just have to go in prepared. I was a gsm at a dodge dealers years ago and I saw Chrysler buy back rigs with proper justification with proper reasoning. Will see

My 2015 eco has over 88,000 miles and I was this of getting the GDE tune but if the warranty is 48,000 additional after the patch I will have to think about it! I have not had any issues since I don't tow anything but a 5 x 10 flat trailer. I'm also thinking of getting a toy hauler in the future to help with bbq competitions! So any feedback would be great!

justlucky

May 15, 2016
Truck Year
How do I get the proposed settlement payment? Who do I contact ?
here is the class action lawyers I had, https://portal.hbsslaw.com , check there web page. I said earlier that I am going to opt out , of this class action, and taking my chances with a different lawyer to recover more then the $3075 that is offered. I want way more then what is offered and if I lose so what!, I took a chance. cold here in NC today no golf for me

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
-27 Here with Feel like -50.

Texasaj

Oct 1, 2018
Truck Year
I tow a tongue mounted toyhauler, loaded I’m about 7600-8000 lbs. it pulls it fine, I get about 12-14 mpg with it. Mine “was” rated at 9000 lbs towing capacity, I have a 3:92 rear end. Gives me a little room and if you add my stuff that’s in the cab I’m probably close to maxed out. Now when they de tune it, I’ll lose that cushion and mileage. I get about 27mpg @70 mph, that’s not going to be the same also.

As far as a buyback , you can go in and make your own deal, you just have to go in prepared. I was a gsm at a dodge dealers years ago and I saw Chrysler buy back rigs with proper justification with proper reasoning. Will see

I was getting 27-30mpg before the flash update. Now I get 23-25mpg on the freeway at 70mph.

Bill L

Jan 7, 2019
Truck Year
I leased my truck with the intention to buy it out at the end. I’ve got about 6 months until the lease ends so will see. As far as no buybacks, that may be the case as a whole but individual you can negotiate your own buyback. Been there done that as a gsm on the dealer side. I like my truck but I don’t want to lose towing capacity and mileage. I tow about 8k and the flash will not improve performance, it will diminish it.
I looked at everthig out there and then bought my 14 from FCA, with the curent bad fuel ecconmy i am getting hind site I shuold have ordered a new 17 eco , set up the way i wanted bench seat, 4 corner lift and tool boxes and be under full warrentie to 2020

justlucky

May 15, 2016
Truck Year
Just in the states?

Supported by

Lawyers Suing Fiat Chrysler in U.S. Diesel Case Seek Over $100 MillionLawyers Suing Fiat Chrysler in U.S. Diesel Case Seek Over $100 Million
By Reuters
  • Jan. 23, 2019

WASHINGTON — Lawyers representing owners of Fiat Chrysler diesel vehicles told a U.S. judge they are seeking up to $106.5 million in legal fees and out-of-pocket costs in connection with a settlement over excess vehicle emissions, but they are in talks to finalize the amount, officials said Wednesday.
The attorneys said in a filing late on Tuesday they had reviewed more than 4 million pages of documents and were involved in almost 100 depositions. They seek up to $99.5 million in legal fees and $7 million in costs.
Ken Feinberg, a court-appointed mediator, said at a hearing on Wednesday there has been no agreement over the amount of the legal fees, but talks have been ongoing between Fiat Chrysler, German auto supplier Robert Bosch GmbH [ROBG.UL] and lawyers for 104,000 vehicle owners.
U.S. District Judge Edward Chen said he hoped an agreement could be reached by early February.
The Italian-American automaker on Jan. 10 announced it settled with the U.S. Justice Department, the state of California and diesel owners over civil claims that it used illegal software that produced false results on diesel-emissions tests.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
WOW, over inflating costs... Their is NO court in the US that's going believe $106.5 million, that's laughable.

1shadowsabre

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
I was getting 27-30mpg before the flash update. Now I get 23-25mpg on the freeway at 70mph.

What flash update are you referring to that changed your mileage? I wasn't aware there was a flash available yet that satisfied the requirements of the lawsuit?

John K Sr

Feb 24, 2017
Truck Year
If I take my truck to the dealer for service, will he automatically flash it without asking or telling me?
Is there a way of telling if they did flash it?

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
If I take my truck to the dealer for service, will he automatically flash it without asking or telling me?
Is there a way of telling if they did flash it?

It's not uncommon for a dealer to "update" (flash) the truck to the latest software. In my previous vehicles it was pretty common. It really depends on the dealer.

You would need the proper tools to be able to tell if it was flashed or not.

Hundo

Aug 5, 2017
Truck Year
If they flash it the tech will want to be paid to do it. It has to be on the repair order in order to get paid and you as a customer will have your copy.

It's not uncommon for a dealer to "update" (flash) the truck to the latest software. In my previous vehicles it was pretty common. It really depends on the dealer.

You would need the proper tools to be able to tell if it was flashed or not.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
You need WITECH to check for updates, the lighting bolts in the corner of the module Icon means updates available .

Before you update any Module the Person doing the update must disclose why they are updating the module, FCA will charge the dealer for any update not cover by warranty....You must Pay FCA for the service, they have plans that are 1 Day to 365 Days and range form $85.00 to $3.000.00 for both Tech Authority and Mopartech.