• The official site for FCA settlement information and questions is located at https://www.ecodieselsettlement.com/
  • Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

FCA work to settle criminal investigation (1-8-19) update

Gossman78

Oct 2, 2016
Truck Year
This is an interesting discussion. I paid $2,200 for the 10yr 100,000 mile warranty. So, while they may be offering me the $3,075 (the exact adder for the EcoDiesel on my sticker) I'm only going to get an additional 48k mile warranty. Not to mention the loss in value my truck experienced from litigation even happening (and motor issues). A '15 Laramie Limited with 70k miles is worth about $28k...I put $10k down and still underwater.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
I think the values will rise again....the 2017-18 buyers are really screwed. a low mileage 2014-16 will bring more. Those emission parts on 2017-18 all end at 50-80K miles, according the settlement those parts+ will be warranty 10 years 120K miles.

justlucky

May 15, 2016
Truck Year
what options do we have? this settlement is not the best for me. Do you think the Kelly book will change the value of our trucks?

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Much needs to be considered, 1st now ,when it pays to loyal to the local dealership, In My case they will push through any offer I'M willing to do... they will make it work, FCA has to meet the COC on every vehicle (Certificate of compliance) IMO this may required trade in value Plus incentives.

So what does that mean Todd, it means if you have the resources to purchase New it would show good faith on your part, So demand FCA equal the agreement.

FCA must provide to the DOJ complete compliance ,This is part of the complaint even if 1 out of the 104,000 does not comply FCA would be looking at the WHOLE deal be revisited by the Plaintiff and court. The agreement does not allow FCA to show good faith its ALL 100% or the settlement could be amended.

OK, Now My deal at present is 38K take in, Plus $2,000.00 for the additional mods to the Truck, Undercoating, Live Gauges and the aftermarket Filtration system. The truck qualifies for the settlement that's additional $3,000.00 to me.

The truck has 43K miles so it will have a better warranty than New to the next owner ,this makes FCA want to sell New to existing owners.

New buyers are going to look at the savings, Plus the warranty on 2014-16 EDs ...Why buy new when you can save 6-12K$ plus the favorable warranty.

Scott Palmeter

Jan 12, 2019
Truck Year
How do we go about getting the compensation? Do I have to sign up for anything? I bought my ecodiesel new in 2015 in Canada and still have it. FCA knows I own it, I get recalls and so on.
Thanks

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
Much needs to be considered, 1st now ,when it pays to loyal to the local dealership, In My case they will push through any offer I'M willing to do... they will make it work, FCA has to meet the COC on every vehicle (Certificate of compliance) IMO this may required trade in value Plus incentives.

So what does that mean Todd, it means if you have the resources to purchase New it would show good faith on your part, So demand FCA equal the agreement.

FCA must provide to the DOJ complete compliance ,This is part of the complaint even if 1 out of the 104,000 does not comply FCA would be looking at the WHOLE deal be revisited by the Plaintiff and court. The agreement does not allow FCA to show good faith its ALL 100% or the settlement could be amended.

OK, Now My deal at present is 38K take in, Plus $2,000.00 for the additional mods to the Truck, Undercoating, Live Gauges and the aftermarket Filtration system. The truck qualifies for the settlement that's additional $3,000.00 to me.

The truck has 43K miles so it will have a better warranty than New to the next owner ,this makes FCA want to sell New to existing owners.

New buyers are going to look at the savings, Plus the warranty on 2014-16 EDs ...Why buy new when you can save 6-12K$ plus the favorable warranty.
What do you mean $38k take in? Trade in value on your 43k mile truck that has had engine work? That sounds extremely high and not normal. Hell I bought my Big Horn for that in 2015 at under 100 miles. But if that’s your deal, awesome. Sounds like a steal!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

John

Nov 13, 2015

Where did you read that? I thought I carefully reviewed all five documents (almost 500 pages) and not sure how I missed it. I see the cash settlement as an incentive to get owners to consider the updated software. Many trucks have been deleted and do not qualify. FCA cannot be held responsible for individual owners actions.

The settlement agreement defines 'operable' as stated in the paragraph copied below.

“Operable” means that a vehicle can be driven under its own engine power and is
in reasonable condition such that it can be driven lawfully and safely on public roads, even if it
has a mechanical issue, under a common-sense understanding of what is an acceptable condition
for driving. An otherwise Eligible Vehicle that has been altered with the use of any after-market
emissions-related components, parts, and/or software or the removal of any original emissionsrelated components, parts, and/or software, if such alteration(s) are likely to substantially affect
the operation of the vehicle with the Approved Emissions Modification or substantially impede
installation of the Approved Emissions Modification, shall not be considered Operable unless and
until the owner of such vehicle, at his or her expense, has reversed the alteration(s) such that the
Approved Emissions Modification may be installed and not substantially affected."

Per the settlement FCA cannot even consider installing the updated software to a vehicle that is not considered operable.

Help me out here and provide the specific text of the settlement that comes close to what you are telling us.

Thanks

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Its what's NOT in the agreement that at times count, and Nowhere does it demand owners to except the agreement.

My relationship with FCA is not normal or average.... So don't apply average Joe stuff to me...and here's where loyalty pays off .....I read all the time how someone flies across the country to save $$$$ than expects the local dealer to go and bat for the owner when Shizz happens.

I did not say trade in, I said Take in.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Where did I say NOT operable? John.....I agree FCA Should NOT be held accountable for owners actions...

Geeze , I tried support NO altercation, but My plenum was done at 40K miles even after several foaming's. I gave in to tuning to shutdown the EGR after much effort to alter its inherent problems, But the facts In My case showed in long term ownership the EGR system on the 3.0 is self-destruct in many CASES.

John

Nov 13, 2015
Its what's NOT in the agreement that at times count, and Nowhere does it demand owners to except the agreement.

Why say it at all if it's not factual? It's either in the settlement or it's not. The internet is already flooded with so much misinformation.

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
Canada Buyers I don't know if you qualify, After JAN 23 2019 and the settlement has preliminary Court approval there's a web-site to apply.

http://ecodieselsettlement.com/

Is that website legit? Looks a little scammy to me. FCA had to known this was coming, and would of have time to develop some kind if "official" website rather than that garbage.

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed

justlucky

May 15, 2016
Truck Year
from my attorney!!!

The settlement is subject to Court approval; a preliminary approval hearing is scheduled for January 23, 2019. When and if the Court grants preliminary approval, the claims process will open to class members. The Court will hold a final approval hearing approximately three to four months later. Current owners and lessees will have 18 months from the date the Court issues final approval of the class settlement to submit a claim, and two years to complete the repair and receive compensation. Former owners and lessees will have 90 days from the date of final approval to submit a claim.

The claims process involves six steps: (1) each class member will receive information about the approved emissions modification; (2) the class member will submit a claim form online or by mail that contains certain information about his/her vehicle along with required documentation; (3) the class member's document package and information will be reviewed for completeness and eligibility; (4) FCA will extend an offer if the class member is eligible; (5) the class member may accept the offer and schedule an appointment to receive an approved emission modification at an authorized dealer; (6) eligible owners and lessees promptly will receive their class member payments after FCA receives proof they have received an approved emissions modification.

Class members will receive more information about the terms of the settlement via mail and email. The full details of the settlement will also be available at www.EcoDieselSettlement.com. Additional information can also be found on the Court website: https://www.cand.uscourts.gov/emc/chryslermdl.

Shelby Smith | Hagens Berman Sobol Shapiro LLP | Direct: (206) 268-9370

John

Nov 13, 2015
Is that website legit? Looks a little scammy to me. FCA had to known this was coming, and would of have time to develop some kind if "official" website rather than that garbage.
I think so.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 01-12-19 at 05.09 PM.PNG
    Screen Shot 01-12-19 at 05.09 PM.PNG
    221.9 KB · Views: 56

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Justlucky, Its doubtful your attorney would have stated its an Order, its a settlement at owners acceptance, with court approval.

The settlement is generous in many cases for owners that want to Keep their ED, it will also increase the value IMO, and give owners another card to play if they want out.

Boostn, I'm in West Yellowstone at Present ,I just Google it... So any readers should take your recommendation under advisement.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
OK.... and if you ask is this settlement mandatory the reply would likely been different.....

And most attorney's will tell their clients until your compliant is before a Judge in the Court of Jurisdiction any thing can Happen.

The only area I believe a Lower court has to follow the render decision is when it's an order.

Example, when the Court sentence you to prison your not asked to go You're Order to go. You are handed over to the Dept of correction ordered by the Court, Civil matters are very similar, the Court orders you to pay the plaintiff or orders restitution in Stated amounts.

In Civil Settlements with the United States and California, Fiat Chrysler will Resolve Allegations of Cheating on Federal and State Vehicle Emission Tests
Fiat Chrysler Will Recall and Repair Vehicles, Pay Civil Penalties, Implement Corporate Governance Reforms, and Fully Mitigate Excess Pollution. Total Value of Settlements Will Exceed $500 Million

Additional Settlement

The Plaintiffs’ Steering Committee has secured a settlement for consumers with FCA and Bosch. Class members will receive between $990 and $3,075—an aggregate value of over $300 million if all class members participate—plus an extended warranty and an emissions fix also provided for in the EPA/California Settlement. Under California's separate consumer settlement, FCA also must provide consumers with the relief contained in the PSC agreement. For more information, consumers can go to xxx or call FCA at 1-833-280-4748.

justlucky

May 15, 2016
Truck Year
Did any one do a compare of the max warranty they now have and this warranty that is being offered? Is it worth keeping the Max warranty or cashing it in?

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Yep.. the owners with Maxcare should crunch the #s

Forest lake Ram was selling Eco's back in 2014 with lifetime lubricate parts warranty and with the New Settlement those 1st time buyers that still Have their ED would be sitting good for 10 Years/120KM