• The official site for FCA settlement information and questions is located at https://www.ecodieselsettlement.com/
  • Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

FCA work to settle criminal investigation (1-8-19) update

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
Source:

https://www.autonews.com/regulation...rts-say?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

WASHINGTON -- Fiat Chrysler Automobiles is nearing a settlement with the U.S. Justice Department that would end a two-year criminal investigation into whether it knowingly sold diesel vehicles that violated clean-air rules, two people familiar with the matter told Bloomberg.

The resolution would include a financial penalty in line with Fiat Chrysler’s guidance to investors, one of the people said. The company is also getting closer to settling related civil litigation over diesel-rigging allegations, a third person said. Fiat Chrysler set aside $810 million in October for expenses related to all diesel probes.

A settlement of the civil litigation could be announced as early as this week, Reuters reported earlier on Tuesday.

The criminal settlement could be announced as soon as this month, two people who shared details of the confidential talks on the condition of anonymity told Bloomberg. The company would be required to admit wrongdoing, one of the people said. Details of the resolution are still being finalized and could change.

Interesting to see what comes out of this..

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
Yea big news. But unwanted. I do not want an updated ECM flash. You can bet your paycheck the program is not good for the longevity of the engine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
Yea big news. But unwanted. I do not want an updated ECM flash. You can bet your paycheck the program is not good for the longevity of the engine.

Yep, it doesn't seem like buy backs will happen so the ECM Flash/Update will be the resolution.

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
I may avoid it. $2500 is a lot of coin, but as I’m approaching end of warranty, I don’t want to do anything that puts more stress on an already caked emission system.

justlucky

May 15, 2016
Truck Year
From my attorney

EcoDiesel Proposed Settlement
1/10/19 7:20 PM
We have reached a proposed $330M settlement with FCA and Bosch in the EcoDiesel litigation. The settlement compensates current and former owners and lessees, and provides a software update that brings the vehicles into emissions compliance. The EPA and CARB have conducted extensive testing of the software modification and determined that the modification does not materially affect fuel mileage or performance.

The software update comes with an extended warranty for the greater of (i) 10 years from the date of initial sale or 120,000 actual miles on the vehicle odometer, whichever comes first; and (ii) 4 years or 48,000 miles, from date and mileage of installing the software patch, whichever comes first.
  • Eligible owners who purchased their vehicle on or before January 12, 2017 and still own the vehicle at the time the approved software update is installed will receive a payment of $3,075 in addition to a software update and the extended warranty.
  • Eligible owners who purchased their vehicle after January 12, 2017 and still own the vehicle at the time the approved software update is installed will receive a payment of $2,460 in addition to a software update and the extended warranty. If no other valid claim is filed for the same vehicle, an eligible owner in this category may receive the full $3,075.
  • Eligible current lessees will receive a payment of $990 in addition to a software update and the extended warranty.
  • Eligible former owners and former lessees will receive a payment if $990.
None of these benefits will be reduced to pay Class Counsel’s attorneys’ fees or expenses.

Jessica Thompson
Attorney
ney

justlucky

May 15, 2016
Truck Year
more then likely a new F150 diesel, for me, when I get my check if and when it ever comes

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
I think it’ll be beneficial for an owner to run out original warranty as much as possible (99,999 in the states) then sign up for the ‘fix’. That’s a comprehensive warranty out to 148k + $3075.

justlucky

May 15, 2016
Truck Year
Well I’m at 38000 on a 2016 with a 7 year 120 mile warranty and I’m looking now for my new next truck

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
You are probably looking at enough time before actual FCA payout that the Chevy may be on the lots by then. So you will have 3 halfton diesels to choose from. Great spot to be in!

Hundo

Aug 5, 2017
Truck Year
I leased my truck with the intention to buy it out at the end. I’ve got about 6 months until the lease ends so will see. As far as no buybacks, that may be the case as a whole but individual you can negotiate your own buyback. Been there done that as a gsm on the dealer side. I like my truck but I don’t want to lose towing capacity and mileage. I tow about 8k and the flash will not improve performance, it will diminish it.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
I leased my truck with the intention to buy it out at the end. I’ve got about 6 months until the lease ends so will see. As far as no buybacks, that may be the case as a whole but individual you can negotiate your own buyback. Been there done that as a gsm on the dealer side. I like my truck but I don’t want to lose towing capacity and mileage. I tow about 8k and the flash will not improve performance, it will diminish it.

Yes, this is correct ,The Settlement in NO way impedes FCA to offer additional incentives.

FCA... Ecodiesel's 3.0 MUST meet the COC at time of Purchase, In other words if you don't except the offer you can negotiate a buyback.

The offer in many cases is generous, But if you want out of ownership FCA will have to capitulate, but it won't be easy, owners Now have another card to play IMO.