• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

FCS R51 winter grill cover

Bhoj24

Feb 8, 2019
Truck Year
Purchased truck in August of 2018. Was not given, sold or told a winter cover was needed. Had issues with recent polar vortex. Now I have to pay for “ice in the air box “, a tow and diagnostics not covered with warranty. Anyone have any more information on this customer satisfaction recall?

Attachments

• R51.pdf
    148.1 KB · Views: 15

John

Nov 13, 2015
The recall applies to any truck purchased with the cold weather option that included the block heater cord and (should) have included the winter front cover. Some trucks sold with the cold weather option didn't have the cover so the R51 was issued.

solarvic

Jun 28, 2015
Truck Year
I thought all of them had a block heater. They just do not put the cord and plug on them. The block heater is a soft plug with the heating element already installed on the drivers side of the engine block. Has a rubber plug on it to keep the electrical connection clean till you install the plug. Alsi I have a cover I never used that I would sell for 75.00 shipping included as I had traded the truck. it was for the n3015 model. I had to purchase mine. The dealer would not give me one and he wanted $100.00. But I bought on off the internet from a dealer/

jcj1576

May 6, 2018
Truck Year
I am new to diesels in general, and have owned my ED for a little over a year now. I live in West Central Iowa and it gets plenty cold here. What are the benefits of running a grill cover on a diesel? Obviously to mitigate ice in the air box issues, but what does the cover actually do? Thanks and sorry for the newb question.

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
I am new to diesels in general, and have owned my ED for a little over a year now. I live in West Central Iowa and it gets plenty cold here. What are the benefits of running a grill cover on a diesel? Obviously to mitigate ice in the air box issues, but what does the cover actually do? Thanks and sorry for the newb question.

Helps the engine heat up quicker, and allows it to keep heat in REALLY cold temps.

jcj1576

May 6, 2018
Truck Year
Helps the engine heat up quicker, and allows it to keep heat in REALLY cold temps.
Thank you for the head's up Boost. And to take it one step further, what is the advantage of keeping the heat in for a diesel? In other words, does the additional heat improve diesel combustion or is this to prevent fuel gelling and icing in the air/turbo? Thank you again!