• The official site for FCA settlement information and questions is located at https://www.ecodieselsettlement.com/
  • Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Finally completed

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year
I was approved last year, did not do the flash as rumors said a new one was forthcoming.
Did the flash 5/5 and received my check 6/18.
Truck performing fine after flash, maybe a decrease in mpg but won't know because I put my SFT tunes back in.

vinniegracci

Feb 13, 2020
Truck Year
I was approved last year, did not do the flash as rumors said a new one was forthcoming.
Did the flash 5/5 and received my check 6/18.
Truck performing fine after flash, maybe a decrease in mpg but won't know because I put my SFT tunes back in.
So john i take it they can't tell if you've put a tune in and set it back to stock again for service? There have been people saying online that they can count flashes done to the ECM.

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year
My dealer has had no reason to count flashes. Plus, my Service Manager knows I have a tune, he supports it. He even asks me when I show up, did you return to stock? When I had the GDE tune he would remove the tuned ECU, and install my stock ECU. When finished he would have my tuned ECU put back in place. A great Service Manager.

vinniegracci

Feb 13, 2020
Truck Year
My dealer has had no reason to count flashes. Plus, my Service Manager knows I have a tune, he supports it. He even asks me when I show up, did you return to stock? When I had the GDE tune he would remove the tuned ECU, and install my stock ECU. When finished he would have my tuned ECU put back in place. A great Service Manager.
Damn wish I lived in your area! I got an HD tune that I love but it was too late the EGR is leaking and my dealer still says they don't know when the 2016's will be ready. truck just sits in the driveway. Waiting. Don't want to drive it and risk further damage.

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year
2016's aren't ready? They did my 2016 on May 4. They didn't call and say they were ready, I just took it in and said I was ready for all the recalls. They did 3 or 4 including the AEM emissions flash and EGR cooler (mine was not leaking).

vinniegracci

Feb 13, 2020
Truck Year
2016's aren't ready? They did my 2016 on May 4. They didn't call and say they were ready, I just took it in and said I was ready for all the recalls. They did 3 or 4 including the AEM emissions flash and EGR cooler (mine was not leaking).
My Dealer keeps telling me they don't have the parts yet, and they only allocate a few at a time. I call once a week and keep getting the same story. "Nope there not in yet and we haven't heard when they'll be in". I even called FCA and had a rep that said she would call the dealership and get it expedited. She called back once to say she didn't understand what they were talking about so she was going to talk to another dealership in the area. She never called back.

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year
Yeah, there was a post on another forum that said the parts are on backorder again.

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
I had the flash done in early may and recieved the settlement within 4 weeks. But now I have EGR codes to deal with. So the settlement check is spent on all the necessary things for a full delete. I should've just stayed away like I had intended to do. As for drivability of the new AEM flash, it is great. Feels more responsive than my tuned ECM that I had prior to the flash. Transmission even shifts better I think. But mileage is down and soot loading is up.

Laidbackcat

Nov 13, 2016
Truck Year
So John u say they replaced ur egr cooler even though it wasn’t leaking? I took mine in yesterday to get all recalls done I also have waited to get the AEM update until now and had planned to get it all done at once. They did the AEM but did not do the egr cooler which I didn’t find out until today when I opened my hood to put my gde ecm back in. I was not having coolant loss so I figured they didn’t replace the egr cooler. But after reading the recall it says it can developer cracks due to thermal expansion I guess I’ll be driving it back up there to find out why.

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year
Correct, I was not leaking. I didn't think the upgrade was optional, the recall said the cooler "may be susceptible to thermal fatigue". That's what was causing the fires.

Laidbackcat

Nov 13, 2016
Truck Year
Thanks, I’ll be in touch with the service manager then

Laidbackcat

Nov 13, 2016
Truck Year
Just got my egr cooler recall work completed last week, as I was out of town last week which allowed me to drop it off with my local dealer. Picked it up on Friday drove it home, pulled hood opened to verify new parts. Saturday morning I then reinstalled my tuned ecm and headed out for a drive. All checked out good.

Roger

Jan 20, 2019
Truck Year
Got my ear cooler replaced last week. It was the "updated" version. The original went out at about 30K miles. The dealer also updated the ECM under a warranty recall. Now I'm back to the dead pedal problem that occurred with the first flash. Almost underivable again....