• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Finally died

Mharrison

Jun 17, 2015
Truck Year
So my friends eco that has had so many issues has finally bit the dust. Needless to say they are done. It was looking good after they got their second oil cooler replaced. They had about 1k miles on it since when it lost an injector, got that fixed two days later started getting hot, shop fixed that stating bad sensor and found 2 more bad injectors, replaced those. So he goes down to pick up the truck they say is done and they threw in a complimentary oil service due to injector swap. He gets in the truck and about 100 yards away engine is missing, thinking there is oil or other contaminate in cyl he decides to clear it out on the hwy. Opens it up, keeps missing until he gets about 1/2 mile down the road it sounds like someone threw a bag of bolts in his intake and she dies. 1/2 mile from the dealership the rear main blows and lord knows what else motor locked up.

moparecodiesel

May 24, 2015
Truck Year
Not Listed
really? wtf? well, hopefully youll start off fresh and clean with a complete long block. including hpfp. and for the future i do have an oil cooler delete kit on my truck, so the future may look good for you. but all i can say is damn.

Mharrison

Jun 17, 2015
Truck Year
Ya this isn't my truck it's my friends I only have 9k on my truck with 0 issues so far but the future seems somewhat inevitable. And I would like to do an oil cooler delete before I have any of the same problems.

moparecodiesel

May 24, 2015
Truck Year
Not Listed
me= dumb. no read. ok that sucks for your friend. at least hes under warranty and the failure happened under the dealers hand.

Mharrison

Jun 17, 2015
Truck Year
Ya no kidding...he didn't have his truck for 85 days last year and already over 30 days this year...there is no way I could swing that it's crazy. I mean knock on wood I don't have those issues but my pessimism tells me I'm doomed. And I doubt I will keep this truck outside of warranty. Which sucks.

seiko

Jul 23, 2015
Truck Year
If these issues keep popping up frequently, I will be trading off the truck before warranty expires. So far, all is well, almost 23,000 KM (metric). I also got an updated oil report that I posted in that forum.

I had AGAT Labs, test the new oil that is used in the EcoDiesel, so the comparison is more accurate. (I gave them a new bottle of that oil for testing). If you don't have the details on Pennzoil Platinum 5w30 oil, take a look and compare it to your oil test.

I be testing the oil each time, before an oil change. It may pay off, catching the issue or on sale, I have proof my truck is excellent.

A quick summary of my oil report.
"Pennzoil Platinum 5w30 oil. It looks like the Boron is an EP additive in this oil and not coolant. Na and K are present but not enough to trip glycol as present."