• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

first dent

swordfish

Nov 15, 2015
Truck Year
not paying attention backed into postDSCF9446.JPG DSCF9445.JPG Screenshot (31).png Screenshot (31).png DSCF9445.JPG DSCF9446.JPG DSCF9443.JPG and dented rear bumper, wife says you can hardly notice, well i noticed every time i got in, called dealership $750 for bumper $200 to install, so i try removing it myself (piece a cake) about 30 minutes, found new bumper brackets and all $305 free shipping, could not be any more thin and cheap than the one i pulled off, if it is it would have to be aluminum foil, any way I'll post when it arrives

GearHead

Sep 13, 2016
Truck Year
Oh Yah, small wrinkle in right front bumper, hey I will take full responsibility, couldn't stand seeing it every time I got in the truck. And the wife was really miffed. Got it fixed by Dealer $500 deductible. I really did not want to mess with sensors and paint match, really good job by the Dealers Body Shop.

swordfish

Nov 15, 2015
Truck Year
i thought of turning it in to insurance $500 ded, but it has to go against collision, and the wife just had an incident a year ago, so that kinda made me look at self repair, went on line and looked up removing a ram bumper and it was really simple, yes the sensors kinda worried me to until i looked closely at them, they pop right out, just have to mark them because the ones on the end near the curve of the bumper have a slight curve also, and since my bumper was chrome and there was no paint damage its was all good, hopefully the new bump will be as cheap or better than the one its replacing, real junk. well enough ram bashing because i still love this truck (just not the bumper) i,ll post pics (thumbnails) when new aftermarket bumper arrives and let you if it is as good as (ome) and how it fits........p.s if i had looked at my back-up camera first and then my door mirrors it might have been different, need to start using camera, old school just isn't working, and post was to narrow for the sensors

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
i thought of turning it in to insurance $500 ded, but it has to go against collision, and the wife just had an incident a year ago, so that kinda made me look at self repair, went on line and looked up removing a ram bumper and it was really simple, yes the sensors kinda worried me to until i looked closely at them, they pop right out, just have to mark them because the ones on the end near the curve of the bumper have a slight curve also, and since my bumper was chrome and there was no paint damage its was all good, hopefully the new bump will be as cheap or better than the one its replacing, real junk. well enough ram bashing because i still love this truck (just not the bumper) i,ll post pics (thumbnails) when new aftermarket bumper arrives and let you if it is as good as (ome) and how it fits........p.s if i had looked at my back-up camera first and then my door mirrors it might have been different, need to start using camera, old school just isn't working, and post was to narrow for the sensors

I do love the backup camera. I won't own a vehicle without one now.. it's spoiled me.

swordfish

Nov 15, 2015
Truck Year
DSCF9461.JPG new aftermarket bumper installed, (identical to factory bumper),installed my old sensors 4 bolts and license plate, total about 1/2 hour, dealer wanted a grand with install, i paid $305.00 free shipping off eBay. only thing you have to watch is the harness to sensor location which is not really a big deal, i had also called two body shops for prices on after market bumper they were cheaper than dealer. $750 installed..any way it was a piece a cake.....