• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

First Ram, Second ED

OhNoItsGodzirra

Oct 28, 2019
Truck Year
Hello,

I decided to create a login instead of just reading threads like I have been for a while. A little over a month ago, my driveshaft on my JGC ED went out. It was replaced under warranty but the dealer also completed the AEM recall, writing over my GDE engine and trans tunes. I had the jeep for a week afterwards and grew frustrated with the pooch-like driving characteristics.

While browsing car ads, I noticed one that stood out. 2017 Ram Laramie 4x4 ED (loaded). 16k miles, buy back for new engine and turbo. This dealer had many buybacks but for some reason this one was very low priced ($26.5k). I visited the dealer, took a test drive, and signed some unofficial commitment paperwork. Turns out, the website was incorrect and it was supposed to be $38k. They honored the incorrect price and I drove away with my new Ram.

I have big plans for it once I get my turbo 03 Cobra Mustang finished but until then, I look forward to chatting with all of you!

1shadowsabre

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
Hello,

I decided to create a login instead of just reading threads like I have been for a while. A little over a month ago, my driveshaft on my JGC ED went out. It was replaced under warranty but the dealer also completed the AEM recall, writing over my GDE engine and trans tunes. I had the jeep for a week afterwards and grew frustrated with the pooch-like driving characteristics.

While browsing car ads, I noticed one that stood out. 2017 Ram Laramie 4x4 ED (loaded). 16k miles, buy back for new engine and turbo. This dealer had many buybacks but for some reason this one was very low priced ($26.5k). I visited the dealer, took a test drive, and signed some unofficial commitment paperwork. Turns out, the website was incorrect and it was supposed to be $38k. They honored the incorrect price and I drove away with my new Ram.

I have big plans for it once I get my turbo 03 Cobra Mustang finished but until then, I look forward to chatting with all of you!
Welcome, bummer they flashed I ER your irreplaceable GDE tune!

OhNoItsGodzirra

Oct 28, 2019
Truck Year
Thanks. Yeah it sucks that GDE stopped tuning just a week or so before also. They bricked my trans tuner on top of all of that. I think I'll end up going with an HD Diesel Supply tune and then figure out something for a trans tune. I'm also interested in seeing if the he351ve could be adapted for use on our motors with a custom flange. But I digress.

1shadowsabre

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
Thanks. Yeah it sucks that GDE stopped tuning just a week or so before also. They bricked my trans tuner on top of all of that. I think I'll end up going with an HD Diesel Supply tune and then figure out something for a trans tune. I'm also interested in seeing if the he351ve could be adapted for use on our motors with a custom flange. But I digress.
SKT stills sells their engine and trans tune

OhNoItsGodzirra

Oct 28, 2019
Truck Year
Do you have a link? They sell a GDE knock off or something? Or by "their tune" do you mean their own tune? Thanks for the tip!

carlhenry

Nov 21, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
first thing to ask skt is DO YOU SHUT DOWN THE EGR WITH YOUR TUNE because they were visited buy the pea and still tuning !!!!!!!!!!!!

OhNoItsGodzirra

Oct 28, 2019
Truck Year
I am surprised GDE is done selling their trans tune also. It shouldn't have much to do with emissions.

OhNoItsGodzirra

Oct 28, 2019
Truck Year
I wish they could just unbrick my current tuner then accidentally switch it over to my new Ram. 😎