• The official site for FCA settlement information and questions is located at https://www.ecodieselsettlement.com/
  • Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

fixed with flash?

swordfish

Nov 15, 2015
Truck Year
ok if this can be fixed with a simple flash update, then what was the point in the first place? sounds like someone is
pissing on our leg and calling it rain, and it is not just fca either, why would fca go to all this trouble and expense to hide
something that could be fixed with a simple flash, and not effect the engine performance or fuel economy, why do it in the first place?

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
ok if this can be fixed with a simple flash update, then what was the point in the first place? sounds like someone is
pissing on our leg and calling it rain, and it is not just fca either, why would fca go to all this trouble and expense to hide
something that could be fixed with a simple flash, and not effect the engine performance or fuel economy, why do it in the first place?

SOMETHING has to change to comply with emissions regulations.. and most would assume fuel economy and/or power would suffer or it would've been right in the first place during the initial testing/development.

cs in Alabama

Feb 21, 2019
Truck Year
My understanding is the extra pollution occurs during regen. The software will change how regen works or occurs. If this was just a reflash to delete some extraneous files you would not be getting any money. Hopefully someone gives us a better understanding of how the operation of the engine will change.

carlhenry

Nov 21, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
17 AND 18 ARE FLASHED WITH WHAT U WILL B GETTING NO PROBLEM WITH FUEL OR POWER

Bob S.

Sep 1, 2016
Truck Year
Does anyone have any actual data from having had the flash done concerning actual fuel economy (HWY and City) running unloaded and loaded! I am not over sold on FC's word after all the air suspension problems in cold weather we are having in Canada that they do not believe they have!

cs in Alabama

Feb 21, 2019
Truck Year
Does anyone have any actual data from having had the flash done concerning actual fuel economy (HWY and City) running unloaded and loaded! I am not over sold on FC's word after all the air suspension problems in cold weather we are having in Canada that they do not believe they have!
I am sure that info will start pouring in. Have you considered an aftermarket tune to really improve your engine's operation?

jnfrombigt

Mar 23, 2019
Truck Year
Had the AEM done last Wednesday. Definitely notice a change in shift patterns and engine speed not to my liking. The drive home was only about 15 miles and was a combination of town, interstate and country highway. I don't drive fast but I don't slow traffic either. Got home and the computer indicated 27.2 mpg. I'll get a chance tomorrow to take it on another drive of a similar distance.

swordfish

Nov 15, 2015
Truck Year
had it flashed submitted claim to fca, then traded it in on a 2017 2500 long horn 6.7 cummins

jnfrombigt

Mar 23, 2019
Truck Year
Did another mpg test today. 2015 Laramie crew cab A/T tires, AC on. Total distance about 45 miles with 2/3 being interstate. Rolling hills with little level terrain. Some stop sign and stop lights. End of trip truck indicated 26.2 mpg. Did not notice transmission shift change difference or engine speeds like I did immediately after AEM. One rapid acceleration getting on interstate and did not notice any degradation in acceleration. Truck has about 31,000 miles total.

AU1967

Jun 5, 2019
Truck Year
I have a 2016 ecodiesel with 8200 miles. I have been extremely happy with this truck and was very apprehensive about the AEM flash required to get the truck in compliance plus receiving the settlement check.......I have been reading the forums about some of the owners complaining about the lack of power on take off and the engine having very little throttle response. So, I took the truck to the dealer today, voiced my concerns and asked them for guidance. Service manager informed me that their dealership had done several eco diesels and have not received and negative feedback. I asked if I could speak with the service tech before the work was to be done, and I was granted that request. The tech told me that several steps were involved and from his technical expertise and what he has seen, there was nothing to worry about. I gave the okay and waited for the complettion of the flash update. After completion, the service tech said all went well and he didnt expect me to be disappointed.

I live 20 miles from the dealership with a few miles of open road and several stop lights...... So far so good...... I did not experience any loss of power or a sluggish engine. Don't know yet what the fuel mileage or DEF consumption will be in the future. Just wanted to share my experience with other owners who could be feeling the same way I did...... Now, I will wait for the settlement check and hold on the the extended warranty for the emissions components......

Eco Bob

Jun 10, 2019
Truck Year
Had the flash done last wednesday. Have not seen any differance in mpg or power :)

walkerdo

Jul 28, 2019
Truck Year
i had mine done last week. havent noticed any power or shift changes, but havent driven that far yet (maybe 50 miles). i have noticed that my cooling fan runs considerably more. hadnt noticed it before. not sure if that was affected by the modification or not,. going to call dealership on Monday and see.

cds13ca

Jun 19, 2019
Truck Year
Makes me wonder if perhaps those who noticed a loss of power came from a tuned ecu to the AEM update, and perhaps those who didn't notice any change came from a stock ecu which was crap to begin with to AEM which likely performs about the same...:unsure:

cds13ca

Jun 19, 2019
Truck Year
I had stock for 3 years and that's the one thing I hated was the lag when I'd pull into traffic, hit the gas and wait 4 seconds before the truck would move, the AEM sounds very similar to the stock tune based on people's complaints about it. I switched to gde and now there's power when I need it. I'm avoiding the AEM like a plague....

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
I had stock for 3 years and that's the one thing I hated was the lag when I'd pull into traffic, hit the gas and wait 4 seconds before the truck would move, the AEM sounds very similar to the stock tune based on people's complaints about it. I switched to gde and now there's power when I need it. I'm avoiding the AEM like a plague....

Agreed. Only way I will accept the AEM is if I am selling the truck. I will not flash for cash and turn to a tuner and I'm partial to keeping this truck for many more miles then the current 83k. The AEM isn't healthy for the truck, period.