• The official site for FCA settlement information and questions is located at https://www.ecodieselsettlement.com/
  • Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

fixed with flash?

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
Agreed. Only way I will accept the AEM is if I am selling the truck. I will not flash for cash and turn to a tuner and I'm partial to keeping this truck for many more miles then the current 83k. The AEM isn't healthy for the truck, period.
Good to see you around @Brady !

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
Lol thanks. I check in from time to time. Not going anywhere.

Cruz

Sep 15, 2019
Truck Year
I do notice that when first firing up and taking off from a stop with a cold engine, it is laggy, more so than normal. Not typical turbo lag. Talking like 3-4 seconds for the engine to respond to throttle input, then once it does it hits hard and holds power till about 4th gear then dies off again requiring more throttle to "wake" it back up. Once warmed up, seems to run like normal. Probably trying to cut back on emissions when cold because diesels are least efficient when cold.

RKS

Sep 19, 2019
Truck Year
I did not notice a difference in performance until after I put a few hundred miles on after AEG possibly because of cooler weather. Now I notice severe turbo lag. Everyone with problems after AEG should call NHTSTA at safercar.com the sooner everyone complains about the turbo lag being a safety issue the sooner they will make Dodge do something

RKS

Sep 19, 2019
Truck Year
CORRECTION

NHTSA
Go to safercar.gov and fill out the safety complaint form

Toro66

Aug 28, 2017
Truck Year
I had the flash completed experienced loss of power transmission shifts much more seems to want to be in the 2k to 2100 rpm range. I driven the same hwy before flash doing 75 to 78 mph always had stayed in high gear now seems it doesn’t have the power/ torque shifts down a gear from 1800rpm to 2100 wtf

Bruno Paquette

Mar 10, 2020
Truck Year
Its been my experience dealing with FCA Canada that when you phone, they act like they are right at the cusp of finding a cure for cancer, and that they would give humanity that gift were it not for annoying " eco diesel owners" that keep interrupting their very important work with their selfish problems!
Seriously, I have never experience that level of contempt from customer care employees, they are rude, they hang up on you when you tell you want to speak to their supervisor !!! They are a completely horrible company to deal with.
Chrysler deserves to go bankrupt again, except this time politicians should not bail them out with tax payer money.
If they show that much contempt for their customer, they don't deserve to remain in business

1shadowsabre

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
had it flashed submitted claim to fca, then traded it in on a 2017 2500 long horn 6.7 cummins
Curious how this works for you. A quick google and search on the cummins engine reveals the same EGR related problems as the 3.0. Same with Powerstroke and Duramax. It may not be "quite" as dramatic with the larger engines but it seems to me the only real solution is disabling the EGR

swordfish

Nov 15, 2015
Truck Year
cummins engines have a very reliable track record, how many blown engines do you see with the cummins? less bullshit when you have warranty issues
and as far as i know they did not lie about their emissions, and i cannot find that any recent engine fires with the cummins, plus a better resale
value, , i did like my ram 1500 Laramie, just lost faith in their fiat engine, way to many complaints and engine failures in a short amount of time, with parts on back order for unreasonable amounts of time. really poor support from fiat chrysler... i think i made a a good choice....

Jagj52

Jul 23, 2020
Truck Year
Agreed. Only way I will accept the AEM is if I am selling the truck. I will not flash for cash and turn to a tuner and I'm partial to keeping this truck for many more miles then the current 83k. The AEM isn't healthy for the truck, period.

Brady, I'm new here and was wondering what is this AEM? I just bought my 2014 Larime Longhorn which I will take delivery of on Monday due to minor issues being fixed. I hear different things about this AEM flash, what is it about?

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
It is the Approved Emission Modification programming that FCA uses since they settled with the EPA. It opens the EGR valve more often then the previous programming in an effort to cut tailpipe emissions.

FWIW, since I posted that I've eaten my words and took my truck in to get the flash for cash. It was a terrible idea.

NPV

Jul 22, 2020
Truck Year
I have a 2015 Grand Cherokee ecodiesel. Its been thru the original EPA recall and the updated recall. Neither worked for my purposes. Turbo lag, at least while pulling a trailer is worse. Regens are now more frequent, and for some weird reason it goes into "the drive at highway speeds" regen right after disconnecting from the trailer and cooling off. Not fun when you are three miles up a dirt road at a campground. Short story, a great vehicle has become unreliable. I've contacted the lawyers that handled the original complaint. We shall see what comes of it.

NPV

Jul 22, 2020
Truck Year
Found out today from the paralegal at Lieff, Cabraser, Heimann & Bernstein (the lawyers who handled the class action) that a new recall was issued on July 29th dealing with the ECM control of the DPF. Supposedly helps the regen and limp mode problem. So, my Grand Cherokee has appointment with the dealer next Wednesday for the reflash. Hopefully this one does the trick. I'll let y'all know.