• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Flash ECM

JimT

May 4, 2016
Truck Year
My '16 Longhorn ED has 22k miles. Last Thursday it started loosing power and by the end of the day would barely make it up the hills of Austin, Tx. The check engine light came on and the electronic throttle control warning light came on. I got an email that said get it serviced asap. I took it to the dealer I bought it from the next morning, the service writer looked at the code and said it said low turbo blower pressure. They called later and said it just needed to have the ECM flashed. I guess that means software reload. This morning when I picked it up one service guy said it got a software update, that it shouldn't happen again. I don't know what to believe. Why would the ECM just go south for no apparent reason? If it happens again should I demand the ECM be replaced?

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
My '16 Longhorn ED has 22k miles. Last Thursday it started loosing power and by the end of the day would barely make it up the hills of Austin, Tx. The check engine light came on and the electronic throttle control warning light came on. I got an email that said get it serviced asap. I took it to the dealer I bought it from the next morning, the service writer looked at the code and said it said low turbo blower pressure. They called later and said it just needed to have the ECM flashed. I guess that means software reload. This morning when I picked it up one service guy said it got a software update, that it shouldn't happen again. I don't know what to believe. Why would the ECM just go south for no apparent reason? If it happens again should I demand the ECM be replaced?

I would imagine the truck's ECM had an update available, and they went ahead and hoped that will fix your issue. I wouldn't bet on it personally..

But yes, if they continue to say ECM I would make them replace it..

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
I'm with Boost on this.. Don't go far form home...PCM/ECMs don't wear out , they are destroyed or broken...My guess is your turbo vanes, EGR, and plenum are sooted up, if they do not clean it out or YOU clean it out than place the vehicle in Aggressive Regen mode to clean the DPF, ( 2800 RPMs for 20 minutes) you will have continue failures to the point of cake valves and catastrophic failure. Map sensor at 12K miles

Attachments

• ED map sen.jpg
    ED map sen.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 22

Brokedownbutgood

Apr 17, 2016
Truck Year
Your truck most likely needs the fuel filter replaced and was experiencing a low fuel pressure issue. In order to figure out what exactly was happening we need the exact code that was stored in your pcm.