• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Forced regen— service throttle control

Dmr

Feb 22, 2021
Truck Year
I’m the original owner of a 2016 eco diesel- matter a fact I loved it so much I bought the lease out.. never had any problems till after the emissions fix at about 80k miles.. service electronic throttle control code came on and truck went into limp mode- (with 1/4 tank of gas) pulled over sat for a minute cuz now it wouldn’t start then it starts up no problem, I fill fuel up and the code goes away so I think nothing of it.. next time I’m down to 1/4 of a tank, same thing happens.. after fill up code goes away, and truck drives fine.. so for the next few months being real busy with work ans family and not having time to bri g it to the dealer I make sure I keep the fuel topped off regularly and haven’t had any issues till last week.. all in the same week.. egr cooler starts leaking , throws a po 428 catalyst code, then exhaust filter 100% full service required see dealer.. so I call dealer, they can’t get me in till March 3 but tell me I shouldn’t drive it!! I also noticed in the egr cooler recall it says truck could catch fire!! Been on phone with ram customer service trying to get rental covered with no luck and I’ve missed a week of work already.. so my question is— should I just drive the truck and if it catches fire or the motor is damaged the warranty and recalls should cover damages, no?? I’ve got a $60k brick sitting in my driveway now !!

BP_EcoDiesel

Jul 18, 2019
Truck Year
I’m the original owner of a 2016 eco diesel- matter a fact I loved it so much I bought the lease out.. never had any problems till after the emissions fix at about 80k miles.. service electronic throttle control code came on and truck went into limp mode- (with 1/4 tank of gas) pulled over sat for a minute cuz now it wouldn’t start then it starts up no problem, I fill fuel up and the code goes away so I think nothing of it.. next time I’m down to 1/4 of a tank, same thing happens.. after fill up code goes away, and truck drives fine.. so for the next few months being real busy with work ans family and not having time to bri g it to the dealer I make sure I keep the fuel topped off regularly and haven’t had any issues till last week.. all in the same week.. egr cooler starts leaking , throws a po 428 catalyst code, then exhaust filter 100% full service required see dealer.. so I call dealer, they can’t get me in till March 3 but tell me I shouldn’t drive it!! I also noticed in the egr cooler recall it says truck could catch fire!! Been on phone with ram customer service trying to get rental covered with no luck and I’ve missed a week of work already.. so my question is— should I just drive the truck and if it catches fire or the motor is damaged the warranty and recalls should cover damages, no?? I’ve got a $60k brick sitting in my driveway now !!
I am almost in the same boat. Not fun. Please let me know what you end up doing and I will do the same. F!

BP_EcoDiesel

Jul 18, 2019
Truck Year
I am almost in the same boat. Not fun. Please let me know what you end up doing and I will do the same. F!

I had no choice and went to the dealer and they performed a stationary regen. It took care of my 100% Full problem as well as Throttle Control error. Since this happened I have done some research and found that there is no way to tell when I a regen is in process or has failed to fully complete. After 3-4 failed regens the truck will show 90% full and need to be highway driven. Don't ignore this as I did (easy to do when there is no where to drive during lockdown...). I am now looking into a tune and external displays to be able to gather more information and force a manual regen when necessary. Will post again after more research.