• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

found a set of Aluminum 17" stock rims w/ sensors for 300.00

SuperTodd

Sep 28, 2015
Truck Year
I found a set of Aluminum 17" stock rims w/ sensors for 300.00 on Craigslist. I put some Les Scwhab studded wintercats on them. So far they are a decent tire and I will save the goodyear stock rim and tires for warmer temps.

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
I found a set of Aluminum 17" stock rims w/ sensors for 300.00 on Craigslist. I put some Les Scwhab studded wintercats on them. So far they are a decent tire and I will save the goodyear stock rim and tires for warmer temps.
Nice find. The salt is rough on wheels.

SuperTodd

Sep 28, 2015
Truck Year
I'm in Oregon so no salt is put on roads, causes problems when it runs off into streams. or so the state says

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
I'm in Oregon so no salt is put on roads, causes problems when it runs off into streams. or so the state says

Lucky man. Ohio should adopt that no-salt policy. Salt and brine on the roadways is definitely not good on the waterways. Couple that with field runoff of Nitrogen, and we are devastating the most precious resource we have.

Run a plow, clear a path. Drivers will adapt without the chemical laden roadways, or they won't. Should be that simple.

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
Back to topic, nice find. Pretty sure I'm going to go that route when these SRAs get another year on them. 20" wheels just aren't my flavor on this truck for some reason.

SuperTodd

Sep 28, 2015
Truck Year
Call me old fashion, but i don't like the look of a huge rim.

Mharrison

Jun 17, 2015
Truck Year
I never really liked the bighorn wheels I have grown fond of my laramie wheels but not much of a fan of a more limited tire selection and higher costs associated with a 20

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
Yes tire options for the 17s are limitless compared to the 20s and $50 or better less per tire.

And if you want 10ply tires on 20s you're damn near SOL

ALTHOUGH I did discover that going from a 60 series tire to a 65 gives you tons of options as it's actually a common size 20.

It's a 1/2"-1" larger tire but fits without rub. (Though I'd expect rub while in entry mode with factory air suspension or on a 2wd platform.) So you go from a 31 to a 32 not a big jump, speeds off by ~5MPH slow at highway