• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Fresh face

osusmokey

Feb 29, 2020
Hey there. New user from sunny Central Oregon.

I have been following the forums recently to learn more about the ongoing FCA settlement and recall as I am in the market for a new (used) truck. Initially loved the look of the Eco Diesel, but now worried about their future.

Locally there was one just listed from a private seller. 2016 1500 Eco Diesel with 52,000. He is the original owner. Want some advice on if I should stay away from this series of trucks from RAM or if after the cooler recall is fixed would I be looking at an awesome rig. She would be a around town driver occasionally, but also would get HWY use with towing as well.
Any specific questions I need to ask him or areas on the computer module, in the engine, etc; where I need to be looking for known issues?

Thanks all! Wish I could afford the new version of the ECO-D, but cannot, so used it is.

Tremper126

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year
Welcome!

If you leave the egr in plant even after the recall it will still be a recipe for disaster and in town use will not be it’s friend. I personally love mine with mixed highway and city. I’ve been egr free for 2500 miles and was the best decision I think I made for the longevity and cleanliness of the internals of the motor. I look at it this way, when you buy a lottery ticket you don’t know if it’s a winner or a loser, but there’s only one way to find out!!! I’m sure it will be fine if you keep an eye on it and check out any differences or sounds when operating he truck and correct anything weird or abnormal ASAP! Also see if you can see service records from servicing dealer to see if it’s been a problem child. I wish I had investigated my truck more thoroughly but I love it and you will too!