• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Fuel conditioner

Dec 8, 2015
Truck Year
I have owned my Ecodiesel for a year now and have always wondered if this engine needs a fuel conditioner during winter or summer months.Our winters are not really that cold lately,say 0 to minus 20(rarely)but in that range.I asked at my local Dodge dealer but I don't think they care or possibly even know.If anyone out there could help me it would be appreciated.I try to buy my fuel at the same place as much as possible and avoid seedy looking places.Last summer was a real hot humid one with temps in the high 30s very common.So if anyone can help me I Thank them.

0 but in that range

Dec 8, 2015
Truck Year
Thank You for the Welcome,I have heard some say yes and some say no but I just wanted to be sure,a mechanic once told me our fuel here in Canada is so stripped of good ingredients that fuel conditioner was a plus to what we are putting in our tanks.Still searching and Thank You once again.

JSchneib

Oct 20, 2015
Truck Year
BG makes some great diesel products for both fuel and oil treatment.

fhedrickjr

Dec 15, 2016
Truck Year
I just looked yesterday at what were considered 3 very good diesel fuel additives. Lucas makes a good upper cylinder/fuel pump lube, Power Service makes a good lube/cetane boost/winter formula which I chose to use. There was a third that was higher priced so I chose the middle of the road. Do a google search for "diesel fuel additives" and happy reading!! Hope this helps!

Diesel Kevin

Dec 14, 2016
Truck Year
Welcome to the site Bruce!

I don't have any data for you. Hopefully some of our more northern folks can chime in.

Hmmmmmmmmmmm. The thought did cross my limited mind but so far no issues. The temp. here in central Ont. has not dropped below -15 this year so good to go, to work...I have a jug of Stanadne that seems popular as a anti-gel and a pump helper. Mopar tells us the fuel needs no help and the fuel in these parts should be heavily winterized by now. Piece of mind? Drop it in, necessary ?

Merry Christmas,
Kevin

bobcat67

May 19, 2016
Truck Year
Fuel should be treated or blended, but let's be realistic, should we trust that it is? Working in the oil industry and overseeing the maintenance of the rigs engines for a lot of my career in the patch I have learned that the truck driver will bring whatever is ordered. I always used to ask what the blend we were getting was, usually it depended on the temp outside, but there were occasions where #2 was ordered when it was -30 outside. Luckily for us the rig is constantly running and burning fuel so it shouldn't really ever gel up unless it gets really cold. Which brings me to my point, I use additive as more of an insurance policy than anything, I've gelled up on the side of the road before when it's -60 outside, it doesn't take long for a person to go into somewhat of a panic mode, luckily I had what I needed to remedy the situation, but I don't trust that all stations are always getting what they should and I also don't know how fast they go through fuel, unfortunately not everyone is able to get fuel at high volume/truck stop like stations where the odds of fresh, treated fuel are higher.