• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Fuel Economy?

EMT56

Jul 28, 2013
With the current 2013 being around 25 MPG as reported by Ram, what realistic numbers can we see from the half ton diesel motor?

30+?

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that is obtainable. Seeing how well these 3/4 tons can achieve 20 MPG in a 8000lb + truck along with a larger rotating assembly, brakes, frame, etc a lighter more efficient engine should be able to see those kind of numbers.

RamDiesel4

Oct 9, 2013
I would say 27+ would be expected from a half ton diesel. It must be considerable higher than the gas motor for consumers to justify the cost.

DieselDude

Oct 9, 2013
I agree RamDiesel. Coming from my 5.7 Hemi I would hope I could see a significant improvement for the price difference.

Bigfoot

Nov 6, 2013
As always the actual mpg will depend on driving style, conditions and maintenance. The EcoDiesel is likely to best the Hemi by 6 to 8 mpg in most situations. Open highway cruising has been reported to be over 30. The EPA rating will probably be less as is often the case with diesels.

FireGuy

Sep 1, 2013
MPG is the key drive for selling these, so it must do a lot better than the Hemi for customers to buy in.