• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

FUEL MILEAGE

EARL KITCHENS

Jul 3, 2015
Truck Year
I am new on this site. I am test driving a 2015 Laramie Crew cab 4x4 ECODIESEL with only 400 miles on it for a few days. It has 3;55 gears. The best mileage I have seen running at 57mph average is 28.2 MPG. Should I expect better MPG as I put more miles on it? Thanks for any comments in advance.

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
I am new on this site. I am test driving a 2015 Laramie Crew cab 4x4 ECODIESEL with only 400 miles on it for a few days. It has 3;55 gears. The best mileage I have seen running at 57mph average is 28.2 MPG. Should I expect better MPG as I put more miles on it? Thanks for any comments in advance.

Welcome @EARL KITCHENS , I would say it's very possible yes. But, averaging 28 MPG is actually a very good starting point on a truck with 400 miles.

EARL KITCHENS

Jul 3, 2015
Truck Year
Thanks for the quick reply. I am really blown away with the fuel mileage with a 4x4 crew cab!!! Unheard of until three years ago. I have a 2007 GMC Crew Cab Z71 4X4 Duramax and I get 19 on the road with a Super Chip tuner on it, but 28 MPG sure has me thinking. I am also impressed with the overall ride and comfort.

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
Thanks for the quick reply. I am really blown away with the fuel mileage with a 4x4 crew cab!!! Unheard of until three years ago. I have a 2007 GMC Crew Cab Z71 4X4 Duramax and I get 19 on the road with a Super Chip tuner on it, but 28 MPG sure has me thinking. I am also impressed with the overall ride and comfort.
If you don't have a need for a diesel that big, and tow smaller loads then yes, the 1500 EcoDiesel is hard to beat!

ecodiesel1

May 28, 2015
Truck Year

Do you pull a lot with the duramax??

EARL KITCHENS

Jul 3, 2015
Truck Year
No, just a Ranger Walleye style boat. i pulled the trigger today on a 2015 Laramie Crew Cab 4X4 ECODIESEL. The dealer is suppose to have it ready on Friday. They are adding a spray in bed liner. i will be adding Westin 4 inch Platinum Running Steps. The truck is white with chrome all over and i think the Westins will look good on it!

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
No, just a Ranger Walleye style boat. i pulled the trigger today on a 2015 Laramie Crew Cab 4X4 ECODIESEL. The dealer is suppose to have it ready on Friday. They are adding a spray in bed liner. i will be adding Westin 4 inch Platinum Running Steps. The truck is white with chrome all over and i think the Westins will look good on it!

Congrats! Did you trade in the Duramax?

EARL KITCHENS

Jul 3, 2015
Truck Year
No, I am selling it myself and I already have it sold. i sure hope I do not regret doing this whole deal! LOL

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
Congrats Earl. You're gonna love it.

These EcoDiesels are in a class of their own. Sure there are half tons out there that will tow more, are quicker off the line, and are set up better for the trails and woods. BUT, there is not a truck out there that will do all those things relatively well AND get the fuel mileage these new Rams do. Hands down the best all around pickup on the market IMO.

EARL KITCHENS

Jul 3, 2015
Truck Year
Thanks gobrowntruck 21. My drag racing days are over and I have a Polaris Sportsman 500 for all my off road adventures.