• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Fuel Supplement

Aug 28, 2016
Truck Year
I just ordered two 2.5 gal jugs of diesel kleen from the link below. I began using this product when the truck was new, and I really like it. It is much cheaper bulk. One of these jugs will do me over 97000 miles so I split the purchase with a friend.

What I like about the product is that it really quiets the injectors and the engine seems more responsive. There are a million arguments online about which product is the best, but I know for me, it works.

Below is a chart I put together from the Powerservice website which attempt to show how much of the product you use per gallon. Note, different size bottles are different concentrations. So the 80oz bottle available at Walmart will treat 3.124 gallons per ounce of product, whereas the 1 gal jug will treat 7.81 per oz and the 2.5 gal jug will treat 11.71 gal per ounce. Purchace was 174.00 total including shipping. The math works out to .46 cents per tankful for the treatment or 1.7 cents per gallon. Lot cheaper than the 80 ounce bottle that cost $1.92 per tank or 7.4 cents per gallon. As far as dealing with the product, I'll scout the parts store trash cans and get some old fuel-injection cleaner bottles with screw on lids that will hold at least the required amount of product for the tank.diesel clean chart.jpg

flying7

Jul 15, 2014
Truck Year
that argument goes on forever about which is best, almost like oil. if it works for you then go for it.

vandan

Sep 18, 2016
Truck Year
Heh baconacresfarm which pig is worth more one with a long nose or the ones with short nose.I know there are two different kinds or are the all the same

Tipatbis

Apr 16, 2017
Truck Year
Tanks for info,,,, is in rabate at my local canadian tire ,,, im gonna try

cevans

Nov 1, 2015
Truck Year
I've had great experience using a variety of different additives throughout the years, but, one thing that remains true is that all of them made a noticeable difference in MPGs. I drive the same route, same speed, all the time, and using a fuel additive like Stanadyne/PowerService or currently Opti-Lube results in a noticeable 2mpg gain, in addition to adding lubricity to protect the HPFP.

Bob S.

Sep 1, 2016
Truck Year
Opti Lube is what I have been using since I got the truck but have no real reference as this is my first diesel.
Have been able to get 31 mpg (Imperal gal) in good weather and no head winds at 65 mph HWY speed with
the 3.9 rear end CrewCab.

EOC

Aug 9, 2016
Truck Year
No experience with additives. This being first diesel I've not added anything to fuel or where ever this stuff goes. Please educate me guys! Does this still hold true at this time, if so what should I look for, and what are best practices for times to add and where what when, and of course need to ask what is risk to mechanical components?

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
No experience with additives. This being first diesel I've not added anything to fuel or where ever this stuff goes. Please educate me guys! Does this still hold true at this time, if so what should I look for, and what are best practices for times to add and where what when, and of course need to ask what is risk to mechanical components?

It's kinda like "what's the best oil to use". I've used them, does it help? Maybe, I don't know. I would say it couldn't "hurt" though.

Reactions: EOC