• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Fuel transfer tank

Althecraneguy

Mar 26, 2019
Truck Year
Can't have a work truck without a transfer tank. 51 gallon rds tank with 15 gpm pump. I'm not familiar with how bed covers are mounted. Do y'all with bed covers think I have room for one or is the tank too tall?198219831984

carlhenry

Nov 21, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
that is the same tank I have in my bed with a tonal cover over it works great

Althecraneguy

Mar 26, 2019
Truck Year
Thanks for the info. I'll post a follow up when I put one on. Got a few things that I'm gonna do first.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Until you get a cover on that bed , correct that nozzle ,Facing upwards C'mon.
If theirs enough room use this filter when you change it out AE-3AZL. I change Mine Once every 24 months .. the only exception to this is when it the filter shuts down the Pump Flow, it will eventually curtail the flow 100%... Thus you never need to worry. Using the Zinga will allow you to run Your factory Filter to 50K miles or 2 Years...I change My 2003 5.9 Factory filter 3 times in 141K miles and 12 Years.

Zinga Ae-3AZL.jpgRam 13 Zinga filter.jpg

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
If you going to leave in the Bed and NOT elevated Install 1-way valve. You would not want the Fire Dept and your local environmental agency sending you the bill for the clean up... in the unlikely even the nozzle leaked.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
I didn't even know Aluminum roll ups existed...Pretty slick.

CAVEMANN

Jan 5, 2020
Truck Year
Until you get a cover on that bed , correct that nozzle ,Facing upwards C'mon.
If theirs enough room use this filter when you change it out AE-3AZL. I change Mine Once every 24 months .. the only exception to this is when it the filter shuts down the Pump Flow, it will eventually curtail the flow 100%... Thus you never need to worry. Using the Zinga will allow you to run Your factory Filter to 50K miles or 2 Years...I change My 2003 5.9 Factory filter 3 times in 141K miles and 12 Years.

View attachment 1987View attachment 1988
I would lose the galvanized pipe & fittings, I won't use galvanized for any fuel or oil.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
High quality Galvanized Piping is fine ,You are correct on Mexico/China piping.

That Piping is 7 Years old, The gallon counter stop working and I needed to fix it, The Piping was clean, Not rusted or the black flakey thats accustomed to Cheap Piping. Caveman I know what you're talking about. I change out this Pickup tube back in 2013 because of the poor quality material used. We use 1000s of FT piping every year for another Business I Partially own. Also We are Parker Distributor if that piping had any risk I would replace it.

fuel_Probe_Rusted.jpg

Last edited:

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Also All My Dsl's have additional Lift system with Auxiliary Filtration. That Included My Eco.

2013 Dual Fuel_Filter (1) - Copy.JPG
2013 Dual Fuel_Filter (4) - Copy.jpg

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year
Can't have a work truck without a transfer tank. 51 gallon rds tank with 15 gpm pump. I'm not familiar with how bed covers are mounted. Do y'all with bed covers think I have room for one or is the tank too tall?
Look at the Diamondback cover. It mounts on the bed rails like a shell and is approx 4-5 " above the bed.
All aluminum & stainless steel, lightweight, high quality and strong. You can put a couple of quads on top.

CAVEMANN

Jan 5, 2020
Truck Year
High quality Galvanized Piping is fine ,You are correct on Mexico/China piping.

That Piping is 7 Years old, The gallon counter stop working and I needed to fix it, The Piping was clean, Not rusted or the black flakey thats accustomed to Cheap Piping. Caveman I know what you're talking about. I change out this Pickup tube back in 2013 because of the poor quality material used. We use 1000s of FT piping every year for another Business I Partially own. Also We are Parker Distributor if that piping had any risk I would replace it.

View attachment 2689
I've been told that about galvanized piping since I was a youngster, I'm 65 now, personally I wouldn't do it except as a last ditch option.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Its good advice not to use it, Unless you know the Origin and the material, You won't get Good Products at Chinaards ,China Depot, China Lowes.