• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

GDP Tuner

jokirkev

Jan 2, 2021
Truck Year
The emission intact Tunes use the EGR, I don't see How GDE could defeat this device (AECD) and pass certification, New technology removes the EGR Device entirely, The 3.0VM obviously cannot , because in 2020+VM has 2 ERG's on the truck. FPT has EGR less Engines so Fiat Has the technology. Now that being said if you live CANADA You can buy the old Tunes that defeat the EGR. GDE was served cease and desist orders or face fines and Imprisonment on ALL Sales that Defeat/Delete (AECD) in USA.
I must be referencing old information / late to the game... I have read the GDE tune turns off the EGR electronically. I have seen a youtube video where the EGR is clean (as well as the engine oil) after thousands of miles using the tune - again must be old information. My goal is to have a truck that will last. I am not in favor of my truck in a sense killing itself by way of epa. I would like to avoid soot dumping into my intake and am also not fond of burning more diesel to somehow make the planet cleaner. I'm off road use only . . . aren't we all :)

jokirkev

Jan 2, 2021
Truck Year
I called GDP - great customer service! They are discounting as they have a new tuner that is going to be released in the near future.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
I called GDP - great customer service! They are discounting as they have a new tuner that is going to be released in the near future.

Don't hold your breath...........What Tuner, 5+ years out of Production 2014-16... Whos going to buy it?

jokirkev

Jan 2, 2021
Truck Year
Im not banking on the release though they claim it will have more bells and whistles than their current tuner. The ecodiesel is still in production.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
No, the 2014-16 Engine is NO longer in production, The Block and Heads, Fuel system are the same the majority of other parts are not, all of the electronics are difference.

I'm out, good luck with whatever you decide.

1shadowsabre

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
I'm not disagreeing with you but will offer there are many folks that write that the GDE tune suppresses egr function, some of which are here on this forum. They talk about how their oil stays clear because of it. Do you have a tune you like/suggest?
Well there are a lot of Sofa King Tuned satisfied customers and I have heard they have specials quite often if you are looking to save a buck or two. I actually have their transmission tune and am very happy with it. I have also read from many posters on this forum who are more than happy with the SKT off road engine tune.

Depending on your skill level you may be able to purchase an older GDE tune (for your off road needs ;)) and rewrite the fuel injector codes to your engine but there are a couple details to find out about. The process would be over my head but more knowledgeable members here have done it.

HD Diesel Supply in Canada ships to the U.S. and I believe you can still get an off road tune there. There may be others also.

Any way you go it would appear for long term happiness and ownership turning off the EGR is the key. I admit spending the money can be painful and even infuriating as a modern truck should function and run as advertised, but multiple trips to the dealer/service codes/driving in limp mode etc.would be more annoying to me!

Reading around on these forums really does offer a wealth of information. Hope this discourse is helpful on your quest to maximize your ecodiesels potential!

jokirkev

Jan 2, 2021
Truck Year
Well there are a lot of Sofa King Tuned satisfied customers and I have heard they have specials quite often if you are looking to save a buck or two. I actually have their transmission tune and am very happy with it. I have also read from many posters on this forum who are more than happy with the SKT off road engine tune.

Depending on your skill level you may be able to purchase an older GDE tune (for your off road needs ;)) and rewrite the fuel injector codes to your engine but there are a couple details to find out about. The process would be over my head but more knowledgeable members here have done it.

HD Diesel Supply in Canada ships to the U.S. and I believe you can still get an off road tune there. There may be others also.

Any way you go it would appear for long term happiness and ownership turning off the EGR is the key. I admit spending the money can be painful and even infuriating as a modern truck should function and run as advertised, but multiple trips to the dealer/service codes/driving in limp mode etc.would be more annoying to me!

Reading around on these forums really does offer a wealth of information. Hope this discourse is helpful on your quest to maximize your ecodiesels potential!
Thank you kindly! I appreciate the time you have taken in sharing your knowledge! I love the truck - it chaps my hide that performance (power and mpg) is thrown out the window in an effort of appeasing environmentalists. I know you get it - when you burn MORE fuel to move the same mass the same distance you are contributing to the problem NOT helping it. Thanks again!