• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Germany asks EU to investigate Fiat Chrysler diesel cheating allegations

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
Yea I totally agree. Not that there are any implications of such, but if this RAM can't meet its EPA fuel mileage without cheating, would you own it? Not me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
Hahaha. I just mean that if they had to reflash it and the mileage was drastically lower then before, I'd bail.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

EOC

Aug 9, 2016
Truck Year
They would have to do a buy back or refund of some sort wouldn't they, if this proves to be true?

Radio_Flyer

Oct 3, 2016
Truck Year
I sure hope not. Dumped my VW Sportwagen because of the unknowns. Wife still has her 13 Jetta waiting on VW. I love this truck, mileage and everything. This would really suck.

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
I sure hope not. Dumped my VW Sportwagen because of the unknowns. Wife still has her 13 Jetta waiting on VW. I love this truck, mileage and everything. This would really suck.

Is your wife doing the buy back?

Radio_Flyer

Oct 3, 2016
Truck Year
Still trying to decide. 54mpg is hard to throw away. MD has said they will go the way of CA and not let you re-register it if it isn't fixed. What is the fix? Waiting to see what the "fix" is. It is still a good car except for the 50k transmission services.

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
Still trying to decide. 54mpg is hard to throw away. MD has said they will go the way of CA and not let you re-register it if it isn't fixed. What is the fix? Waiting to see what the "fix" is. It is still a good car except for the 50k transmission services.

I agree with you. I have a Jetta TDI for my daily driver. It's a 2012 with 98K miles on it. The paint is starting to peel pretty badly and is driving me over the edge to go ahead and do the buy back. Unless I want to drive it until the "wheels fall off" I'm better off to sell it back as it won't bring 6 or 7K once this is all over.

Brokedownbutgood

Apr 17, 2016
Truck Year

Nothing personal but every light duty transmission should be serviced at least every 50k.

Radio_Flyer

Oct 3, 2016
Truck Year
I agree, but look at what they charge. I have seen upwards of $1200 for the 50k service. Even with coupons or discounts, you are still looking at around $700.