• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

GM Duramax I6 wins the best in class fuel economy after 2020 EcoDiesel numbers announced.

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed

1shadowsabre

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year

It is pretty funny how Ram talked up a big game, but then did end up "losing". But, 1-2 MPG is not a ton.. Long live these half-ton diesel wars, we (the consumer) will benefit from it!
That is a pretty good article but there sure are a lot of variables! Hard to keep it straight without a chart!

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
That is a pretty good article but there sure are a lot of variables! Hard to keep it straight without a chart!

Of course, I always take the EPA ratings as base line. The VW TDI was drastically better in fuel economy than the EPA ratings ever said..

AnywhereInTX

Sep 19, 2019
Truck Year
Most diesels outperform EPA numbers in my experience too. It's just another semi-unbiased set of numbers to judge a truck off of. I usually use the EPA numbers combined with TFL's "real world" testing numbers to formulate an opinion on fuel economy. TFL posted a video yesterday of the best and worst trucks by brand so you can see how options changed within a products lineup. The most interesting thing is the fairly large difference between the GMC and Chevrolet Sierra/1500 Duramax 4x2. I didn't realize that the Chevy offers such different rear end ratios that made a 4 MPG difference.