• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Good evening - Truck loosing coolant

Jake432

May 13, 2020
Truck Year
I bought used 2014 Ecodiesel about little over 2 years it was hard to crank up during last winter so I changed all the glow plugs but on #6 glow I twisted it off inside the head so I had to lift the cab and buy an glow plug puller kit cause I didn’t want to take off the head so I got it out turns out my glow plug module wasn’t work 🤦‍♂️ Then I had everything finish up I ran into an overheated problem so I ask around on Facebook what the problem could be everyone was telling I had to vacuum fill it so I did that still overheated so change the reservoir cap now I have my overheating problem fixed but now I’m loosing coolant it’s come from the rear of the engine dripping on the transmission housing I search on here that someone ran into the same problem turn out to the turbo coolant feed line with rubber piece in the middle of the feed line have any of you guys change it without taking off the cab again??

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Here Ya Go.

Milvetmac

Mar 25, 2020
Truck Year
I
I bought used 2014 Ecodiesel about little over 2 years it was hard to crank up during last winter so I changed all the glow plugs but on #6 glow I twisted it off inside the head so I had to lift the cab and buy an glow plug puller kit cause I didn’t want to take off the head so I got it out turns out my glow plug module wasn’t work 🤦‍♂️ Then I had everything finish up I ran into an overheated problem so I ask around on Facebook what the problem could be everyone was telling I had to vacuum fill it so I did that still overheated so change the reservoir cap now I have my overheating problem fixed but now I’m loosing coolant it’s come from the rear of the engine dripping on the transmission housing I search on here that someone ran into the same problem turn out to the turbo coolant feed line with rubber piece in the middle of the feed line have any of you guys change it without taking off the cab again??
It’s the turbo coolant feed line! FOR SURE...! It’s gonna run you around 300$ for the line and I would highly recommend putting a dei titanium heart shield around it before reinstalltion. You’ll need a new throttle body oring/intake manifold gasket set and a full weekend, 100% clean everything out there will be quite a bit of soot build up and clean your map sensor at the same time

Jake432

May 13, 2020
Truck Year
Ok thanks I’ll dig in it this weekend see what I find I’ll post back what I will find I have been a big rig diesel mechanic sense I was 15 years old 36 now so it no biggie.

Milvetmac

Mar 25, 2020
Truck Year
Ok thanks I’ll dig in it this weekend see what I find I’ll post back what I will find I have been a big rig diesel mechanic sense I was 15 years old 36 now so it no biggie.
You should have no problem then! Use all mopar if I can give my insight or have an aerospace shop build you a new one if you go that route for a custom feed line... it takes some finangling to get around that oil line but be patient as I’m sure you’ve learned over the years with diesels! It’s a pain in the ass and there’s a shit ton to take apart. Cft makes a map sensor spacer that has kept my map sensor a lot cleaner, going on almost 10k since all this happened and haven’t had an issue yet knock on wood

Milvetmac

Mar 25, 2020
Truck Year
Wait til you see the absurdity mopar did with that line, it’s so close to the turbo it takes a lot of radiant heat and the master engineers decided it would be smart to make the connection out of rubber hose 🤦🏻‍♂️

Jake432

May 13, 2020
Truck Year
Yeah I bet I’m thinking about getting a custom
Flexible steel braided one built i don’t know why mopar didn’t do that in the first place

Milvetmac

Mar 25, 2020
Truck Year
Yeah I bet I’m thinking about getting a custom
Flexible steel braided one built i don’t know why mopar didn’t do that in the first place
I went around and around with it too for a couple days and finally just decided to go with the factory one since I got 100k outta the first one and I’m not the brightest crayon in the box so there’s gotta be a reason... I went with it, I’m happy changing it every 100k it forces me to clean that intake and peripherals our anyway

Jake432

May 13, 2020
Truck Year
I’m at 167k I cleaned the soot build up in my intake when I had to change my glow plugs used a hot pressure washer and degreaser to clean all that out if I go stock hose again I will warp it in that high temp warp they use on heater hoses.

Milvetmac

Mar 25, 2020
Truck Year
I’m at 167k I cleaned the soot build up in my intake when I had to change my glow plugs used a hot pressure washer and degreaser to clean all that out if I go stock hose again I will warp it in that high temp warp they use on heater hoses.
I wish I had swapped out my glow plugs at that point but I didn’t... 🤦🏻‍♂️
i went with dei ti for the wrap so we can compete in which works better 😂

Jake432

May 13, 2020
Truck Year
I twisted one off in the head so I had to take off the cab cause it was #6 glow plug turn out to be just the glow plug control Module I feel so stupid after that I didn’t trouble shoot it more:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Milvetmac

Mar 25, 2020
Truck Year
I twisted one off in the head so I had to take off the cab cause it was #6 glow plug turn out to be just the glow plug control Module I feel so stupid after that I didn’t trouble shoot it more:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Dayyyyum! Lesson learned! Lol

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
To make things clear Ram, Dodge ,Chrysler, Has 0 to do with the VM3.0, Its All VM Cento Italy design and engineering along with GM, The engine original design was for 3200LB GM Euro's Caddy's 2005. The 3.0VM seems to do OK in HWY use, if its used for DD Family , missing parts is required or it will suck up your Bank Account. The QC at Cento is questionable, its a very outdated manufacturing Plant.

Jake432

May 13, 2020
Truck Year
Does the intake have to come off to replace the glow plugs?
No you don’t have to I didn’t take off the intake but if you twisted one off in the head your in trouble I had to buy a $400 glow plug puller cause I didn’t want to take off the head if I didn’t have to

Jake432

May 13, 2020
Truck Year
Update on my antifreeze leak on my Eco it was that little heater hose on the turbo feed line I fixed it myself I didn’t want to pay $200 for the new line now I warp the little hose in a dei shield blanket should last long now.

Milvetmac

Mar 25, 2020
Truck Year
Update on my antifreeze leak on my Eco it was that little heater hose on the turbo feed line I fixed it myself I didn’t want to pay $200 for the new line now I warp the little hose in a dei shield blanket should last long now.
You did not replace the line? The heat shield will definitely help!