• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Got the new ED Today!

Salmonslayer

Aug 11, 2016
Truck Year
what a solid truck! 200 miles from the dealer to my house, such a pleasure to drive! Too early to talk about fuel economy, Ill post that later. My only concern is being a farmer and out in the field daily the clearance up front is rather low. Quite a bit lower than my 2011 Silverado 1500 4x4. I notice that the lowest portion of the front end is plastic. Can I remove that? I am sure that it's going to get torn off going around and through the farm. I guess my other option would be to lift it. Any body have an estimate what a 4 inch lift would cost. Or any other ideas to solve the clearance concern? Thank you in Advance! I should mention that it is 4x4 crew cab tradesman model

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
Welcome! Keep in mind a lift will hurt your MPG, I know most people don't like the idea of losing MPG when the #1 selling point of the EcoDiesel is fuel mileage in a full size truck.

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
You can go with Bilstein 5100 adjustable height front shocks to raise the front end level with the rear. This will give you better clearance, retain factory(ish) ride, and not hurt your MPGs all for <$300 with an alignment and keeping OEM tires. With drop suspension lifts and 35" tires you're talking about a few thousand dollars....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Salmonslayer

Aug 11, 2016
Truck Year
You can go with Bilstein 5100 adjustable height front shocks to raise the front end level with the rear. This will give you better clearance, retain factory(ish) ride, and not hurt your MPGs all for <$300 with an alignment and keeping OEM tires. With drop suspension lifts and 35" tires you're talking about a few thousand dollars....

Hi Boost. Looked at two different retailers that carry Bilstein 5100 shocks and the sites say that this particular shock will not fit our trucks. Any ideas?

Salmonslayer

Aug 11, 2016
Truck Year
Hi Boost. Looked at two different retailers that carry Bilstein 5100 shocks and the sites say that this particular shock will not fit our trucks. Any ideas?
They do have shocks for a 2015, will those be ok? Sure seems like they should be! Just filled up my truck for the first time. Did not baby it and got a little over 26 MPG

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
They do have shocks for a 2015, will those be ok? Sure seems like they should be! Just filled up my truck for the first time. Did not baby it and got a little over 26 MPG
Yes should work fine. But I'd give a call to Bilstein directly to confirm part # and compatibility.

Salmonslayer

Aug 11, 2016
Truck Year
Yes should work fine. But I'd give a call to Bilstein directly to confirm part # and compatibility.

Thanks Brady. Drove form middle of Washington state to Astoria Oregon with over 1000 lbs in the truck and averaged 24.8 MPG. Truck has less than 750 miles on her. Pretty dang cool!

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
Thanks Brady. Drove form middle of Washington state to Astoria Oregon with over 1000 lbs in the truck and averaged 24.8 MPG. Truck has less than 750 miles on her. Pretty dang cool!
Good numbers. Enjoy!

flying7

Jul 15, 2014
Truck Year
I think many have posted the bilstien shocks fitting the ecodiesels. did you call?

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
There was no real change to the 2016's so the suspension compatibility has not been updated for many websites. Just order for the 2015 and you will be golden. Make sure to get your alignment done.

To answer your near original question yes you can just remove that lower valance and it will be perfectly fine. If you have fog lamps it will expose them to some more water and splashing than with it but that is all. And probably 1/3 of an MPG. How can you tell? I had mine off for quite a long time. But I have the protection package (skid plates) and they hang notably below the bottom of the bumper. If you're a person to look that low and care.

Both sound like good options for you (bumper valance removal and blisten leveling shocks). I hope that you thoroughly enjoy the truck.

Also I cannot attest to the coil suspension that I think you have but my air suspension handles payload great. I've put thousands of miles on with having well over 2000# of freight spread across the bed and rear cab and it hardly sacrifices MPG unless you're on very hilly terrain.

Salmonslayer

Aug 11, 2016
Truck Year
Thanks a million for your feedback. I am grateful! Very impressed with my new truck! Thanks again!