• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Got the update. Engine failed. Replaced. Dealership says no warranty on new motor outside of power train. Waiting on check.

theCarl

Nov 20, 2019
Truck Year
Hi new to the form. At 77400 my ecodiesil failed. Official cause spun bearings in cylinder 3 destroyed engine. Hopefully The newer engine will have a few less problems. Seems strange how I got the update, pretty much immediately after it tanks the mpg, and within a couple of weeks blows while I am coasting to a stop at a light. Dealership claims the brand new motor will not have warranty on it extending past the original 5/100000 pt warranty. Seems unlikely it wouldn’t have some kind of warranty on it Better than that. Any one know the official warranty for replacement ecodiesel motors? Seems to me even though I love my truck I might be better off trading if there’s only 20K milage left of warranty on a brand new motor. Like everyone else I am also waiting on the abominably slow mailing of the reimbursement check. So hi.

carlhenry

Nov 21, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
welcome 2 the group fmc is not very nice 2 their customers if u r worrying about warrenty purchase a after market warrenty then u can take it any place 2 get it worked on

podhauler

Oct 22, 2017
Truck Year
Not Listed
Your truck came with a warranty, and if they replace parts under that warranty, they are only covered for that warranty. You don't get a new warranty, or any extension beyond that. If your warranty is over, after the repair, make sure that there are no issues with the repair or you will be on your own.