• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Greetings from Park City UT

NPV

Jul 22, 2020
Truck Year
I have a problematic 2015 ecodiesel Grand Cherokee. Been thru both recalls. Trying to figure out the best way to keep from getting stranded by 100% dpf fill. Looked at the direction for the AlphaOBD, seems complicated. Cetene boosters worth a shot? DPF fuel additives? Been thru one limp mode. No fun. Nearly had another while up a dirt road in Great Basin National Park and of course the computer told me to drive a freeway speeds. Ugh. Any ideas?

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
How often is it becoming 100%? I've heard/seen of bad DPF when it just wears out and has to be replaced. I'm assuming you do get some highway time often to help keep it clean?

NPV

Jul 22, 2020
Truck Year
Most of the mileage is highway. It never causes problems then. The problems arise when I pull my travel trailer. I suspect due to pushing alot more exhaust thru a fragile system. I have had a 100% once, and was able to drive it 30 miles to the dealer. The scary part is it gave me no warning. This last time, it went to regen when I started the car and within 100 yards went to the message saying to drive at freeway speeds. After a three mile drive down a dirt road I found some pavement and drove up and down it in 3rd gear until the code went away.