• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

happy (so far) EcoDiesel owner

roydake

Jun 24, 2016
Truck Year
Signed up earlier today...thot I'd sit down and read some of the going's on...Living here in BC in the Okanagan Valley gives me lots of choices of which direction to go when we hook up our TT, and having only made one trip (on the way home from Vancouver after purchasing our Ram) so far, we've not had too many kilometers on the clock...BUT..so far this SLT EcoDiesel is .....OUTSTANDING...
The summer is young yet, and our grandkids are soon outta school...so it'll be a super quick decision to get on the road with them....
Climbing over the Coastal Mountain range into the Okanagan was so so slick and effortless...when we brought it home in mid-May..
So, if this new truck is as dependable as my 2008 Dakota was...(purchased it in 2012), then I will be really pleased...

bobcat67

May 19, 2016
Truck Year
everyone i've showed and let drive my pickup wants to buy one, most of them being long time diesel owners, just all 3/4-1 ton pickups, my only complaint is the goodyear sra tires, drive over twig and they pop, but other than that I love mine so far

flying7

Jul 15, 2014
Truck Year
Welcome. So far so good on mine as well

roydake

Jun 24, 2016
Truck Year
Welcome. So far so good on mine as well
Thanks.. :)
I have a recurring (now) engine warning lite...when I had it looked at 4 days ago, I was told it was an O2 sensor and so it was reset...also a software upgrade was installed...however the light came back on as I started it up yesterday AM....so we'll see what the prognosis is tomorrow...hahahahh
Going to try some V-Power Shell diesel fuel also...I have read on one of these forums that the better quality (?) fuel smooths the engine out...I dunno ??
Thanks...again for your reply...
:))
roydake

bobcat67

May 19, 2016
Truck Year
I don't have a check engine light problem yet, but I hit a deer the other day in Wyoming. Messed up the grill, passenger light, quarter panel and bumper a little, maybe a little damage on the hood too, can't really tell, so it might be my imagination. Probably gonna upgrade to a Laramie Limited grill and a sport hood possibly, think that would be an ok combination.

roydake

Jun 24, 2016
Truck Year
I don't have a check engine light problem yet, but I hit a deer the other day in Wyoming. Messed up the grill, passenger light, quarter panel and bumper a little, maybe a little damage on the hood too, can't really tell, so it might be my imagination. Probably gonna upgrade to a Laramie Limited grill and a sport hood possibly, think that would be an ok combination.
OOOOOOOOOOO ouch ouch...
GOOOOD Luck on allll the work ahead for you...
Hope you weren't hurt..!!!
roydake

bobcat67

May 19, 2016
Truck Year
I'm good! Thanks! Sucks with right at 4,000 miles on it. Avoided an elk on the road a mile before that deer came sprinting across the highway. Gotta I've Ram credit the brakes worked awesomely!

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
Been there done that. 8 Grand to fix it. New fender door hood bumper and bumper valance

bobcat67

May 19, 2016
Truck Year
Been there done that. 8 Grand to fix it. New fender door hood bumper and bumper valance

The rough quote I got is $3500 with the damage I was able to see and capture with my phone, at work for 3 weeks, thankfully the pickup is drivable. No major damage thankfully, think it will be a good time to upgrade to a Laramie Limited grill, I think I like the way those look.

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
I thought about the sport Hood but opted to keep it factory. But it's a good time if you've got a willing Body Shop.