• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Hate the chrome bumpers

Shawnj81

Sep 25, 2017
Truck Year
Not Listed
i absolutely hate the chrome bumpers and would like to get rid of them anybody done this before or feel my pain? I don't have a eco yet but I'm purchasing one and I'm already looking for a solution I want the paint matched bumpers I think it goes better I had a challenger and every piece of chrome on there I took off was looking into getting a bumper from a sport ram but they go for about 600 bucks.

John

Nov 13, 2015
Body color bumpers are available depending on the trim level.

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
It's probably easier to buy a truck with them already painted. You can have the chrome removed and painted by a body shop... but, I got a quote of $1200 on my last truck for front and back bumpers.

Shawnj81

Sep 25, 2017
Truck Year
Not Listed
I have yet to see an ecodiesel with painted bumpers they are all chrome I wish that made a sport package like they do for the hemi with color matched bumpers for the ecodiesel.

It's probably easier to buy a truck with them already painted. You can have the chrome removed and painted by a body shop... but, I got a quote of $1200 on my last truck for front and back bumpers.
ave

John

Nov 13, 2015
I have yet to see an ecodiesel with painted bumpers they are all chrome I wish that made a sport package like they do for the hemi with color matched bumpers for the ecodiesel.

ave

If you're looking at the Laramie, you will have to add the Limited package to get the body color F & R bumpers.

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
Laramie longhorn has the painted bumpers. I have the white gold 2 tone and really like it. Only chrome is grill, door pulls, and tow mirrors, oh and a little chrome clad on the wheels but with the white gold painted inserts it's nothing flashy

John

Nov 13, 2015
Laramie longhorn has the painted bumpers. I have the white gold 2 tone and really like it. Only chrome is grill, door pulls, and tow mirrors, oh and a little chrome clad on the wheels but with the white gold painted inserts it's nothing flashy

I think the Laramie longhorn has painted bumpers with the two tone paint option and chrome bumpers with solid color option.

Zigi

Mar 21, 2016
Truck Year
I ordered my truck with gray bumpers but it came with the chrome so I had them wrapped to match my trailer

Attachments

• 20161028_194307722_iOS.jpg
    20161028_194307722_iOS.jpg
    344.9 KB · Views: 41

Jonnyg

Aug 28, 2016
Truck Year
I ordered a 17 laramie and I am in the same position as you, I want to paint the bumpers to match the truck. I have talked to a couple of painters and they both would want to strip the chrome before painting in order to get good paint adhesion. Has anyone tried scuffing the. Hrome and using an epoxy primer?

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
I ordered a 17 laramie and I am in the same position as you, I want to paint the bumpers to match the truck. I have talked to a couple of painters and they both would want to strip the chrome before painting in order to get good paint adhesion. Has anyone tried scuffing the. Hrome and using an epoxy primer?

Everyone I talked to wanted to strip it as well if I remember correctly. Was just part of the cost.

Zachary

Oct 22, 2017
Truck Year
Might be cheaper to get a bullet liner or line-x sprayed on; a lot more durable too. My Outdoorsman came with 2 tone paint option, crystal granite and black.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Zigi

Mar 21, 2016
Truck Year
Thanks for that BoostN.
I checked into doing the powder coat, paint and LineX. LineX was cheapest. Paint was cheapest unless you did the stripping, then you would get a longer more durable finish in pretty much any color you want. I went with the wrap which was still,pretty expensive. About $600.00 or $39.95 USA funds

Zigi

Mar 21, 2016
Truck Year
Oops, sorry missed including you in my last post John, thanks for that

Zigi

Mar 21, 2016
Truck Year
Brought the truck in, they designed and took the bumpers off (better job of getting the park assist sensors worked in, wrapped both and charged me $600.00. I was pretty happy

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
Brought the truck in, they designed and took the bumpers off (better job of getting the park assist sensors worked in, wrapped both and charged me $600.00. I was pretty happy
Can't beat that!