• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

HD Diesel Supply -Delete Kit

pcatoe

Nov 28, 2019
Truck Year
I could just cut my mufflers off but if I don't like the sound I'd rather not have to pay again to get them installed, I'm looking at my options
I gotcha. There are a few videos on YouTube you can listen to and get an idea if that’s the sound you are looking for. Personally I like it.

Bullet

Feb 11, 2020
Truck Year
I just received my complete delete kit from HD Diesel. I went with the downloading option instead of sending in the ECU. Kit includes EGR delete, reprogramming and the DEF delete. So far it’s going smooth except for the removing of that darn T40 bolt in the back of the EGR cooler. Anyone have any good way of removing this thing?

pcatoe

Nov 28, 2019
Truck Year
I just received my complete delete kit from HD Diesel. I went with the downloading option instead of sending in the ECU. Kit includes EGR delete, reprogramming and the DEF delete. So far it’s going smooth except for the removing of that darn T40 bolt in the back of the EGR cooler. Anyone have any good way of removing this thing?
I got lucky when I did mine apparently my truck had the cooler replaced before and the T40 bolt was not reinstalled. There are a couple of posts on here about getting it out but really it’s a pain no matter how you do it. Hopefully someone else can give you some help!

Bullet

Feb 11, 2020
Truck Year
I ended up cutting off the small thin metal bracket that the T40 was attached to. It took all of 20 seconds to cut it off after I spent 2-3 hours trying it the right way. After taking it off I turned it over and the T40 was almost striped out. I never would have gotten it out with the correct tool. Now on to the 3 bolts that hold the egr tube onto the turbo. That looks like it’s going to be a long hard fought battle also. I wonder why you couldn’t just leave the tube on the turbo and use a block off plug at the top end? It would sure save a lot of time and much easier to get to.

pcatoe

Nov 28, 2019
Truck Year
I ended up cutting off the small thin metal bracket that the T40 was attached to. It took all of 20 seconds to cut it off after I spent 2-3 hours trying it the right way. After taking it off I turned it over and the T40 was almost striped out. I never would have gotten it out with the correct tool. Now on to the 3 bolts that hold the egr tube onto the turbo. That looks like it’s going to be a long hard fought battle also. I wonder why you couldn’t just leave the tube on the turbo and use a block off plug at the top end? It would sure save a lot of time and much easier to get to.
I fought those exact bolts and almost stripped two of the three coming out. I’m not sure why but I felt like there was some reason why the block off was back there but I honestly can’t remember. Use Kroil or WD on those bolts make life a lot easier.

hossman

Oct 3, 2019
Truck Year
I had no issuses getting at the T40 , just had it on a 3/8th socket.

Bullet

Feb 11, 2020
Truck Year
I had a surprisingly easy time taking out two of the 8mm bolts holding the lower egr tube to the turbo from the top. However the last bolt has been fighting me the whole day. It’s the top of the V bolt pattern on the driver side. Is this the one that has to be taken out from under the truck? I can’t seem to see it when I’m under there.

Rafarodr

Jan 30, 2020
Truck Year
I'm getting told by a mechanic that does deletes that I will still need a transmission tuner. I found the Sofaking transmission tuner but wanted to make sure that they're compatible or even necessary for the HD kit. Has anyone else needed to do the transmission tune as well with this kit?

Bullet

Feb 11, 2020
Truck Year
I just finished installing my HD delete kit. Truck runs great without any transmission tune.

pcatoe

Nov 28, 2019
Truck Year
I'm getting told by a mechanic that does deletes that I will still need a transmission tuner. I found the Sofaking transmission tuner but wanted to make sure that they're compatible or even necessary for the HD kit. Has anyone else needed to do the transmission tune as well with this kit?
No transmission tune required to do the delete, however I highly recommend the sofa king tune turns the truck into an entirely different animal. And if you tow anything with any amount of weight you will want it.

Cj60

May 8, 2020
Truck Year
..with part number...
I can't believe they want that much for an exhaust clamp.... I wonder if this older (2004-2010) MOPAR clamp would work just as well? It's $15 on ebay.

Attachments

• s-l400.jpg
    s-l400.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 1

pcatoe

Nov 28, 2019
Truck Year
I can't believe they want that much for an exhaust clamp.... I wonder if this older (2004-2010) MOPAR clamp would work just as well? It's $15 on ebay.
I didn’t have to replace mine, if you spray it with something like AeroKroil or WD 40 shouldn’t have an issue unless you live close to the coast I would think.

-STIGLITZ-

Nov 17, 2019
Truck Year
It’s a V-Band clamp with a 2.25”-ish diameter. I went through half a dozen aftermarket options but none of them would secure the assembly tight enough. It’d probably be cheaper to have an exhaust shop size it.