• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

HD Diesel Supply -Delete Kit

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Its extremely unlikely to get stop and checked for CAA violations in recreational or Private use, If you pull a wagon with 3 lawn mowers thats commercial use and depending what State you live you may get stopped and checked for X things. Now if you live in a state like CA anything is possible.

pcatoe

Nov 28, 2019
Truck Year
I was looking at going towards the SKT tune and all, but after reading everyone’s comments I think I am just going to use HD instead comes with exhaust and price is not completely outrageous. But question for anyone that has it. Did anyone opt for the engine braking and high idle features?? And is anyone running the FASS lift pump they offer?

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
The factory in tank pump is superior to the Fass/Dog Pumps...If you want better filtration by their stand-alone pump and add your own filter head for Auxiliary filtration. Keep your tank full when convenient and do NOT drop below a 1/4 Tank, this will mostly add considerable life to the in tank pump.

Jhoward7285

Nov 28, 2019
Truck Year
It depends on the tuning and how clean it is.. that determines how much "smoke" you get.

Understood which is why I specifically replied to someone who had the tune and other parts I was looking into purchasing from HDDS. I also couldn’t find any videos of this specific set up online hence why I’m asking. So in your terms do you know how “clean” the HDDS tunes is?

Racerherbie

Dec 3, 2019
Truck Year
Need some opinions...I put a hold on a brand new 2019 1500 classic Laramie 4x4 (pretty much loaded). The dealer can't sell it to me until they get the EGR fix so I have time to look around so there was no harm in holding it. The price was too good to overlook, 37k. I currently have a 2001 F250 crew cab Lariat short box with low miles. Issue is it's just too big and I don't use it like I used to. Want to downsize and get ride of a car and the truck. If I bought the Ram I would buy the HD diesel tune and keep my old one as well for those deal visits. So my question is it worth the savings to go this route or just get the Ram with the e-torque engine and not worry about any issues. To get a the new 2020 Ecodiesel with what I want is a bit out of my price range. I do keep my vehicles for a long time!

pcatoe

Nov 28, 2019
Truck Year
Ok guys about to order the HD delete kit and I have a question or asking for recommendations on if I should add the high idle feature and the engine braking????

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Yes...the brake is OK the High idle for fast warm ups.

carlhenry

Nov 21, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
I was looking at going towards the SKT tune and all, but after reading everyone’s comments I think I am just going to use HD instead comes with exhaust and price is not completely outrageous. But question for anyone that has it. Did anyone opt for the engine braking and high idle features?? And is anyone running the FASS lift pump they offer?
hd in Canada is a wise choice stick with factory pump

TheeGingy

Feb 6, 2020
Truck Year
Hi guys new to the eco Diesel world. I actually have a jeep grand Cherokee eco Diesel not ram but pretty much the same motor.
I just ordered the HD delete kit with the EGR plates. As of now they are on back order for at least 2 weeks is what the guy told me. And you are no longer able to ship in your ecu before hand, the core charge is mandatory.
I'll keep you guys updated on how long it takes to get here and the install

pcatoe

Nov 28, 2019
Truck Year
Just an update with the direction I went. I ordered the 4” exhaust for the dpf delete and the egr removal/delete from HD. I went with SFT for tuner I like the idea of having a handheld vs. swapping the ECU. I was told by HD it would take a week or so for delivery.

DesertShark

Feb 5, 2020
Truck Year
Hey so I am actually wanting to get a tune for my truck also and have been following the GDE tune but I’m worried about the permanent nature of it also. However, I was wondering why the def delete needs a 4” exhaust? Also, did you get the SFT engine and transmission tune and how much?

pcatoe

Nov 28, 2019
Truck Year
Yea I went with the SFT engine and transmission hand held tuners. Right now they are 1000$. You can go cheaper if you don’t mind not having the handhelds. And from what I have read and been told 4” mates up to the downpipe off the turbo and is a good size to let the engine breathe like it needs. Now there may be someone on here that can get a lot more technical than that. As far as GDE and some others they are still tied up with the EPA so you will not be able to get a tune for a while, I did hear rumor he may have an EPA friendly tune by spring/summer. But.... all being said SFT is the only tuner with hand held until for the Eco...

pcatoe

Nov 28, 2019
Truck Year
And now worries you can swap back to your factory tune quickly. Go to SFT website and watch the YouTube video he has on how simple it is to swap back and forth.

DesertShark

Feb 5, 2020
Truck Year
Yea I went with the SFT engine and transmission hand held tuners. Right now they are 1000$. You can go cheaper if you don’t mind not having the handhelds. And from what I have read and been told 4” mates up to the downpipe off the turbo and is a good size to let the engine breathe like it needs. Now there may be someone on here that can get a lot more technical than that. As far as GDE and some others they are still tied up with the EPA so you will not be able to get a tune for a while, I did hear rumor he may have an EPA friendly tune by spring/summer. But.... all being said SFT is the only tuner with hand held until for the Eco...
Thank you that’s all great information. Yeah I’m not sure what tune I’m going to do, I like the fact of having a handheld tuner so I can reset it at any time especially when I go to get my emissions done. I also don’t want the dealer to detect it since I have 36,000 miles on it currently and I hate the way that it drives and it feels unsafe. Please keep me posted about the tune once you get it, and the exhaust as this sounds like a great direction for me to go.

pcatoe

Nov 28, 2019
Truck Year
will do for sure the parts say they will be delivered Tuesday so I am shooting to knock it out this weekend!!

DesertShark

Feb 5, 2020
Truck Year
Thanks man I appreciate it!
Oh hey, what exhaust system are you going to get? I was going to sell my truck and recently decided to keep it and turn it into the truck I’ve been wanting. Probably going to do the 6” lift, 35-37 tires on a 17x10 bronze wheel, the Rebel Grill painted white to match the truck and the tune so that I don’t get in an accident trying to pull out in traffic.

pcatoe

Nov 28, 2019
Truck Year
Oh hey, what exhaust system are you going to get? I was going to sell my truck and recently decided to keep it and turn it into the truck I’ve been wanting. Probably going to do the 6” lift, 35-37 tires on a 17x10 bronze wheel, the Rebel Grill painted white to match the truck and the tune so that I don’t get in an accident trying to pull out in traffic.
I’m going with the 4” exhaust dpf delete kit from HD diesel supply, I will be removing the factory muffler and basically running 4” straight to the factory tips.

Matt13

Feb 10, 2020
Truck Year
Getting ready to order the HD Diesel delete kit for my 2014 Ram. Does the kit have everything i need to complete the delete? Or are there other parts i should order? Wanting to minimize down time as it is my only vehicle. Anyone who has done the delete about how long does it take? Me and another friend will do it, i am average at mechanical stuff but he has deleted larger diesels before.