• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

HD Diesel Supply -Delete Kit

pcatoe

Nov 28, 2019
Truck Year
Getting ready to order the HD Diesel delete kit for my 2014 Ram. Does the kit have everything i need to complete the delete? Or are there other parts i should order? Wanting to minimize down time as it is my only vehicle. Anyone who has done the delete about how long does it take? Me and another friend will do it, i am average at mechanical stuff but he has deleted larger diesels before.
My delete kit should be here tomorrow. I will let you know, but as far as I have been told this kit comes with everything you will need to do the job.

Aman

Feb 12, 2020
Truck Year
Getting ready to order the HD Diesel delete kit for my 2014 Ram. Does the kit have everything i need to complete the delete? Or are there other parts i should order? Wanting to minimize down time as it is my only vehicle. Anyone who has done the delete about how long does it take? Me and another friend will do it, i am average at mechanical stuff but he has deleted larger diesels before.

The kit has pretty much everything needed. Only thing it doesn't is the block off plates for the egr and egr cooler which is a add on. When I ordered mine I just said I wanted the block off kit as well and they added it to the order. Hope that helps

pcatoe

Nov 28, 2019
Truck Year
The kit has pretty much everything needed. Only thing it doesn't is the block off plates for the egr and egr cooler which is a add on. When I ordered mine I just said I wanted the block off kit as well and they added it to the order. Hope that helps
I received my kit yesterday. It appears to have the block off plates, however there are zero instructions... there are more instructions with the three pieces of exhaust than the egr delete kit. So I’m going to do some searching to try and find some, if not YouTube it is!!

TheeGingy

Feb 6, 2020
Truck Year
Update, I received my parts from HD and they look pretty good.
Installed the ecu(extremely easy) and then came the hard part, the exhaust. For me I had access to the v-band from the top and as soon as I started to loosen it, it broke
So i kept looking around if I could still just continue the job and order the part. To my luck it's a dealer only part.
So I have to wait till Monday to sent the truck to a local exhaust shop. Hopping this won't cost me an arm and leg
I'll keep all of you informed on what happens, hopping the dealer has this part in stock

pcatoe

Nov 28, 2019
Truck Year
Update, I received my parts from HD and they look pretty good.
Installed the ecu(extremely easy) and then came the hard part, the exhaust. For me I had access to the v-band from the top and as soon as I started to loosen it, it broke
So i kept looking around if I could still just continue the job and order the part. To my luck it's a dealer only part.
So I have to wait till Monday to sent the truck to a local exhaust shop. Hopping this won't cost me an arm and leg
I'll keep all of you informed on what happens, hopping the dealer has this part in stock
What are you referring to as the V-band? I’m still waiting on my tuner I have everything else for the delete. So I haven’t done mine yet.

-STIGLITZ-

Nov 17, 2019
Truck Year
What are you referring to as the V-band? I’m still waiting on my tuner I have everything else for the delete. So I haven’t done mine yet.
The band clamp that secured the DPF to the turbo down-pipe.

-STIGLITZ-

Nov 17, 2019
Truck Year
..with part number...

Attachments

• 40897DEB-271D-44EA-AE66-FB411413B540.png
    40897DEB-271D-44EA-AE66-FB411413B540.png
    699.8 KB · Views: 29

TheeGingy

Feb 6, 2020
Truck Year
Sorry for the late reply, been very busy. Yes the clamp that attaches the turbo elbow to the cat, cost me 140$ CAD(garage price) from the dealer. Found it on rock auto for like $70.
Anyways it's installed, the cat was a nightmare to take off. The job to take off cost me 240$ witch isnt to bad I guess?
One note I definitely have to mention, this exhaust sounds super weird. Definitely not a rumble in the back. More of having a lot of air just go through a pipe, witch is exactly what's it's doing but no rumble. I still have the mufflers on and debating if I want to take them off
Other little note, off the bat this thing is saving 2l/100km on average even while sitting on high idle warming up for 5 mins
Happy with the tune, disappointed with the sound :(

pcatoe

Nov 28, 2019
Truck Year
Sorry for the late reply, been very busy. Yes the clamp that attaches the turbo elbow to the cat, cost me 140$ CAD(garage price) from the dealer. Found it on rock auto for like $70.
Anyways it's installed, the cat was a nightmare to take off. The job to take off cost me 240$ witch isnt to bad I guess?
One note I definitely have to mention, this exhaust sounds super weird. Definitely not a rumble in the back. More of having a lot of air just go through a pipe, witch is exactly what's it's doing but no rumble. I still have the mufflers on and debating if I want to take them off
Other little note, off the bat this thing is saving 2l/100km on average even while sitting on high idle warming up for 5 mins
Happy with the tune, disappointed with the sound :(
So I have heard Eco’s that took literally everything out mufflers and all, just straight pipe to the tips and I was actually kind of impressed with the nice sound it had. So that was my plan with mine. If I can ever get my handheld.

TheeGingy

Feb 6, 2020
Truck Year
So I have heard Eco’s that took literally everything out mufflers and all, just straight pipe to the tips and I was actually kind of impressed with the nice sound it had. So that was my plan with mine. If I can ever get my handheld.
I could just cut my mufflers off but if I don't like the sound I'd rather not have to pay again to get them installed, I'm looking at my options