• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Headlites

Whizzer

Aug 9, 2016
Truck Year
I changed my headlamps after a wreack new ones not working on turn dash says but they ate .I know it has to do with amps .any help out their?

Whizzer

Aug 9, 2016
Truck Year
I changed my headlamps after a wreack new ones not working on turn dash says but they ate .I know it has to do with amps .any help out their?
I used aftermarket.it has to do with amps headlites pull

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
I used aftermarket.it has to do with amps headlites pull
You're using aftermarket HID's and a resistor pack. Your resistor pack is plugged in so the computer isn't reading a dead bulb but your HID is likely unplugged or not grounded.

Are you using a harness from the battery to power the HID Or are you piggybacking the factory wiring with a Y for the resistor pack?

Whizzer

Aug 9, 2016
Truck Year
You're using aftermarket HID's and a resistor pack. Your resistor pack is plugged in so the computer isn't reading a dead bulb but your HID is likely unplugged or not grounded.

Are you using a harness from the battery to power the HID Or are you piggybacking the factory wiring with a Y for the resistor pack?

Whizzer

Aug 9, 2016
Truck Year
I did not use a resister. Icone off of org hl. Plug thanks

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
So you are using an aftermarket hid? And your factory wiring harness is plugged into the ballast. (Which is taking the power and telling the computer it's fine) but the bulb is not actually igniting? Cross reference your bulbs and ballasts. See if the other side will power the bulb. Or if that ballast will power the bulb from the other side. You'll find the weak point. Either bad bulb or bad ballast. Factory wiring does not get along with HID so a harness powered unit is preferred. There's a thread for ENLIGHT HID you should maybe check out

Whizzer

Aug 9, 2016
Truck Year
So you are using an aftermarket hid? And your factory wiring harness is plugged into the ballast. (Which is taking the power and telling the computer it's fine) but the bulb is not actually igniting? Cross reference your bulbs and ballasts. See if the other side will power the bulb. Or if that ballast will power the bulb from the other side. You'll find the weak point. Either bad bulb or bad ballast. Factory wiring does not get along with HID so a harness powered unit is preferred. There's a thread for ENLIGHT HID you should maybe check out
Ill try that thanks