• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Hello all from the Alabama Gulf Coast

USMC PAWPAW

Aug 30, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
I've been wrestling with which truck to buy for months.

Looks like we are between a 2018 Ram Big Horn Crew Cab 4x4 3.92 eco diesel or the same truck in a Tradesman.

This will be my first diesel and I hope I'm making a good choice.

I'm looking forward to all of the good information, tips and tricks that I can learn here. I hope to contribute as I learn more.

PawPaw

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
Welcome to the forum! I would advise to drive it and see how you like it. The EcoDiesel is great on fuel mileage and if you don't tow very heavy, it's a great truck.

USMC PAWPAW

Aug 30, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
After reading about the problems it seems a lot of people are having with the ecodiesel as well as it seeming that FCA is not holding up their end in too many cases IMO and the fact that my local dealer has terrible ratings for their service department (manager issues) I opted not to buy the ecodiesel.

I ended up with a 2018 RAM Tradesman 2500 crew cab 6.7L cummins in 2WD. I wanted 4x4 but I just wouldn't spring for the additional cost. For me 4x4 would be a luxury for those emergency situations and would rarely if ever get used. I think I'll add a winch to the front of my truck instead. I know it's not a 1 for 1 replacement for 4x4 but it will work for me.

I ended up getting it for 46K out the door. I don't know if that's a great deal but I'm please.

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
After reading about the problems it seems a lot of people are having with the ecodiesel as well as it seeming that FCA is not holding up their end in too many cases IMO and the fact that my local dealer has terrible ratings for their service department (manager issues) I opted not to buy the ecodiesel.

I ended up with a 2018 RAM Tradesman 2500 crew cab 6.7L cummins in 2WD. I wanted 4x4 but I just wouldn't spring for the additional cost. For me 4x4 would be a luxury for those emergency situations and would rarely if ever get used. I think I'll add a winch to the front of my truck instead. I know it's not a 1 for 1 replacement for 4x4 but it will work for me.

I ended up getting it for 46K out the door. I don't know if that's a great deal but I'm please.

Congrats on the new truck!